Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Dhran Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:22 am
Software corruption related. Try some Operating System install swaps (reinstallation) and see where that gets you, it should fix the issue.
Relating to the cursor, you will have to clean it with a specialized spray first (search the forum about it) or soldering a new one as a last resort.
By Dhran Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:44 pm
ontherun wrote:OK, i did an update of JJOS, no luck.

You have to do a full Operating System install swaps to fix the issue, not simply an update. Akai OS first & then JJOS second.[/quote]

ontherun wrote:When I do the factory reset, will it delete everything on the harddisk?
Does it keep the JJOS Serial Number?

I am not sure about that, hopefully someone will tell you about that on this forum.
By Hamsta Gangsta Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:15 pm
Dhran wrote:Try further to locate the issue, whether hardware or software: see this https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=121681
Also check out Chapter 11 of the Akai Manual (page 55), i remember about an odd trick to fix dead outputs consisting in swapping from Analog to Digital recording or the contrary (try and test all variations) and then reboot the unit.

I love you man!! :worthy:
My left output suddenly stopped working today on both STEREO OUT and PHONES and this trick worked. I even removed the top cover before finding your answer and then was like "wtf?! It wasn't necessary?!?!" :lol:
But I had to do the whole procedure 2 times (reflash OSes and switch between Analog/Digital recording), because after the 1st time it worked the problem was back right after the reboot so idk... :?:
I'll see tomorrow and post here if anything happens but I hope it won't be necessary.

Thanks again fam!