Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By pjkatzmusic Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:19 pm
Im 44. Came from the EPS 16+ and want to go with a MPC.
I use Ableton LIVE and Maschine right now but would like to run the MPC as a stand alone option while synching Live as the slave rather than the master sequencer. Any way....

Im looking at getting a 2500 with the larger screen. Is it that much better than the standard screen ?

Im super happy to go back 20 years but would love your 2 cents before I pull the trigger.
By Monotremata Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:50 am
How much bigger is the screen?? Like 5000 size? You'll appreciate it when you have to chop and trim samples on it. Cant remember if the 2500 has the grid editor or not but you'll want a bigger screen for that too.. Cant see how a bigger screen could ever be a bad thing on any MPC.
By JUKE 179r Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:36 pm
Go BIG!!!
I never messed with a 2500. But... if I did get one, I’d definitely get the XL screen with JJOSXL.
From all the reviews I’ve read over the years the JJOSXL allows the 2500 to have way more advantages and updates than the stock AKAI OS allows.
By saltmcgault Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:54 pm
saltmcgault wrote:If I were you I would get the XLCD screen. Probably the best upgrade I did to my 2500 other than switching to JJOS.

NOTE: If/When you decide to pull the trigger and purchase the XLCD screen, SKIP the step that instructs you to DRILL A 3/8" HOLE into your face plate next to the upper right corner of the location of the screen. I'm saving you from wanting to slap yourself when you realize that's not needed with the newer version of the XLCD screen.

I jumped the gun and took apart my 2500 prior to my XLCD screen being delivered. I watched the installation video on my phone which didn't allow the pop up that states to skip the step of drilling a **** hole in my faceplate. :WTF: I'd hate for somebody to do the same.