Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By DJ A-Sharp Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:07 pm
Ok, I have read numerous posts in the MPC2500 section about the problem with Polyphony and I still don't know what the issues is, in my particular case...

I have an MPC2000 (classic) and just purchased an MPC2500 running jjos v3.13.

So I load up the APS & ALL files for a song that plays fine on the MPC2000 and there is absolutely no problem with the polyphony on the song. All sounds play with absolutely no problems, no sound cutoffs or anything like that. So, I load up the same song on the MPC2500 and sounds cut off the main sample of the track. I've checked all parameter settings and as stated in the posts I have read in the 2500 section, the playback is on poly and the some of the sounds on the pads are on mono & poly.

With both machines being 32 voice Polyphony devices how is the more limited in specs machine able to play the same exact song no problem (no sound cutoffs) but the more advanced machine still has Polyphony sound cut off issues?

If someone could explain my particular issue I would appreciate it.........
By selecta jo Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:32 am
Hello!

The only relevant difference i can spot in the comparison chart http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/mpc2500/akai_25free.htm for the akai and the jj os is the maximum number of programs - the akai os can hold 128 and the free jj os only 24 programs!
Numbers for polyphony are nowhere to be found in that comparison.

We also do not exactly know what version of the os code was the base for the jj version - that could be anything from a plain official version up to some stage of developer code fragment.
In version 1.1 of the akai os there was a bug fix for mpc2000xl .aps mixer settings not seen by the mpc2500. Also the ability to load mpc2000xl All_Seq and All_Pgms was added in that version.
But in the owners manual there is also marked that while the mpc2500 can load mpc2000/2000xl Seq, Wav, Snd and Pgm files not all of the Pgm parameters could be loaded.
So maybe check on that once more?

peace, jo
By Cloud.Paradigms Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:00 pm
Funny I see this post because I ran into this issue last night with my 2500. I managed to fix my problem by removing layers in my hats & snares.

I think the best solution is to pick and choose what sounds you think require stereo, and use mono for the rest.

These old machines are so great ya? haha

-C
By Lampdog Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:49 pm
Cloud.Paradigms wrote:best solution is to pick and choose what sounds you think require stereo, and use mono for the rest.