Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By nice steven Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:53 pm
Hey. On my MPC 2500 the Q-link sliders don't sweep the full range that they are supposed to. 0 - 127. They only change a limited range within those values. The Rotary Q links do work though. I'm wonder if I should replace the slider potentiometers or if there is a fix that could work to get these back in action again.

Any ideas are appreciated.
By selecta jo Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:21 am
welcome to the forums!

what are you trying to do with the q-links?
unfortunately akai decided not to implement the q-links as generic midi controllers, so they donĀ“t send out normal midi messages.
if you read the manual it shows that the range of every q-link button or fader is dependant on the setting it is used.
e.g. if you use a q-link to control the tune the range is from -120 to +120, if you control level the range is from 0 to 100 and if you control cutoff or resonance it ranges from -50 to +50. see the manual for the values of other controls.
also there is a big difference wether you use the note on or the real time recording of q-link events - note on gets recorded with the pad event and real time will be recorded as a seperate q-link event.

if you set two q-links (a knob and a fader) to the same settings in the q-link menu and compare them - do they act different like you described?

peace, jo
By NearTao Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:20 pm
I had a similar issue on my MPC 1k. I blasted some compressed air into the Q-Link and it fixed the issue for me. Might be worth a try to see if there is just some dust or other gunk messing up the sensor.