Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By ph5 Sat May 30, 2020 9:02 am
Hi,

I'm trying to use my MP2500 for MIDI sequencing using a main MIDI keyboard as a controller with a number of additional synths, however I'm having an issue where by existing audio is interrupted each time I press a key on the controller. In an attempt to simplify the diagnosis I stripped my setup right back to just the controller.

In simple terms the issue is this, when the drum loop is playing on Track 01 if I press a key on the controller it interrupts the playback of the drum loop.

MIDI Cabling.

MPC 2500 IN 1 ---> OUT 1 Kawai K1 mkII

Track Layout.

Tr Type Pgm Midi
01 DRUM Program01 OFF

MIDI settings.

Active track receive channel: ALL
Soft thru: AS TRACK
Sequence change by program change: OFF
Pad to internal sound: ON

Any assistance with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks
By selecta jo Sun May 31, 2020 9:04 am
welcome to the forums!

try setting the type of track to "drum" for those tracks that play just internal samples.

that way incoming midi data is handeled different on that track.

if your kawai is sending unwanted midi data then maybe observe the midi output of the kawai with something like the software "midi monitor" or the midi input analyzer in your daw to determine what the kawai is sending besides the note and velocity numbers for the key you press.

peace, jo
By selecta jo Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:27 pm
You also could check your sync settings if you have "receive mmc parameters" turned on.
mode + pad9 -> f2 [sync] -> receive mmc parameter [off]
That way even if the controller keyboard sends mmc commands the mpc will ignore them.

Also check what your active track is - if your active track is a drum track with type set to midi every touch of a key on the controller will send a note on message to that track and that might interrupt the sample that is already playing.

peace, jo