Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By VinnieNovak89 Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:20 am
Hey All!
I am a new user of the MPC2500 with JJOS 3.13. Can anyone explain what having JJOS 3.13 means in terms its capability, is it a free version?, will the manual for the MPC2500 JJOS I bought here be compatible with this version? I bought the manual in haste and did not realize until after I had purchased that it is for JJOS 3.10. Does that make a huge difference or is my 3.13 simply a later version of the free 3.10. Anyway, I have been sampling on it and learning the machine and it is fun and everything I thought it would be. Just now starting to dive into the manual since I ahve been so busy with work and other projects.

Anyway, any help answering these questions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Zach
By Menco Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:43 am
The free JJOS and the Akai OS are very similair. I think you won’t have that much trouble with finding out how the 2500 works with the JJOS. You can also buy the MPC2500 bible from this site. If I’m correct it covers the free JJOS well too.
By John E Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:02 am
Hey

Pretty sure 3.13 is a slightly newer free version of 3.10. I have 3.13, I haven't paid anything.

I bought a 2500 in Dec. It came with the paper manual. I used it for a few days then got the free JJOS 3.13. I bought a bible (the wrong one for a paid version) then bought the correct bible and it really was worth it.

It gives you all the samples you need to just open up a blank project, follow each step and learn practically what your machine can do. Any further references you can go to the paper manual, because like was mentioned above I'm pretty sure there is mainly minor differences and bug fixes between the Akai OS and 3.13, other than, I think, destructive chopping and a few other key improvements, so *most* of the paper manual still applies.

On top of that just play around and have fun. Experiment and you may find your own groove.