Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Luke95 Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:43 pm
Im having problems getting automation to work on the mpc2500.

In the mixer menu, i have the 'Record mix changes' setting switched on but it still dosnt work.

what im trying to do is assign a Low pass filter to a sample and automate it to give it that really nice slowdown/filtered effect, but it just wont work. i cant even get the Sound level to automate so it fades in/out

currently, the only way i can get the LPF to work is through program mode - parameters - add filter

The filter setting in the Q-links menu dosnt work for me for somer reason.

Any help would be hugely appreciated, its such a easy thing to do in a modern DAW but i really prefer the way the MPC2500 can do it with q - links, as apposed to 'drawing automation lines' in a DAW like FL Studio, thanks!!
By Luke95 Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:28 pm
In the Q-Links (or slider) menu, I select which slider I want to use, for example Q-link 3, then i press the pad I want to assign to Q-Link 3, then select either real time or note on and select filter, but the problem is the filter dosnt seem to be doing anything, I can turn the filter on in program mode but it won't automate

I'm running the free version of JJOS
:hmmm:
By Menco Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:39 am
Dial in a filter cutoff value in program mode first. If you leave the LPF cutoff at 100 it won’t do much when you adjust the sliders. Set the cutoff at 80 or 60, set up the Q-link with the realtime setting. See if you get some better results.
By Luke95 Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:01 am
thanks for your reply!, just logged in to say i figured it out myself just now, i added LPF and LPF 2 in program mode, edited the freq/res levels then went into the q-links menu and added real time cut off 1+2 to q-link 1 and real time resonance 1+2 to q-link 2, thats the mistake i was making, didnt realise you had to do it like that >.<
then i just recorded the beat through the main outs, assigned the entire beat to 1 pad to use with q links, then created a seperate sequence for the lpf effect and recorded the automation , PROBLEM SOLVED :D
By Menco Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:09 am
Glad to hear you were able to make it work. Nice workaround. The 2500 may look 'limited' at first glance, but if you are creative enough you can find so many workarounds like this and unleash it's full potential.