Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By VinnieNovak89 Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:21 pm
Hey everyone!
New MPC2500 user here. Just making my way through the "Beat Making on Free JJOS'" book and I am having an issue in the Panning/Volume automation section.

In the book it is worded in a way that makes it seem like you can begin recording the automation all from within the stereo mixer screen.

In my case, I have to set the levels where I want, say volume at 0 for a fade in, then hop out to the main screen, press REC and PLAY START, press MODE, PAD 8 to get back into mixer during count off, then if I want to fade in a whole drum kit I have to press SHIFT and 2 of the 3 pads, say SN K and HH with HH being default selected, and hopefully perform that maneuver within 4 beats and end cleanly enough to not miss the downbeat.

Is there anyway around this? Or is there a way to change the record settings so you can begin recording while in the mixer section? I CANNOT start recording while in the mixer mode for some reason. But, the tutorial in the book mentions nothing of jumping between menus and such to perform this task, which leads me to believe that this machine is capable of starting recording from within the mixer menu. I am hoping that I can alter this setting in order to streamline the process.

Other than this little snag, the book has been very helpful and I am loving learning this machine! Have made some chops from records and what not but I do really want to finish this manual before I go any further so I can begin understand some of the shortcuts and capabilities.

Tons of fun and I look forward to sharing something soon!

Thanks and have a great day!