Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By VinnieNovak89 Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:37 pm
Hey everyone, its me again!
Just putting this question out there now as I come across the problem.

In the Ebook,"Beat Making on the Fre JJOS", it claims that if I hit shift while in Grid Edit Mode, I will be taken to an "event" screen. But, I am in fact taken to an "options" screen which is completely different. Is anyone aware of this issue? Maybe it is exclusive to the MPC1000 or an earlier free JJOS version?

Just curious!

Thanks!
By VinnieNovak89 Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:23 pm
This did help a little but not all the way.

For instance, when I am in GRID EDIT mode, the bottom of the screen F buttons are, F1-TRACK, F4- DELETE, F5-MUTE, F6- SOLO.

Then, with SHIFT held in, F1- T.C., F2- CLICK, F4-PASTE.

THEN, if I hold in TAP TEMPO and JOG THE DATA WHEEL once, F2-T.C., F3- COPY, F4- DELETE, F6-MOVE.

Still no event menu in GRID EDIT MODE. It is not a huge concern to me but I am curious about why its set up this way...

Thanks for the help the because from what you provided I am able to access the Paste function GRID EDIT MODE, which is nice.
By Menco Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:50 am
Glad that helped a little. I am not on JJOS1 5.56, so I can not help you directly. I don’t know for which free version the MPC2500 bible is written, probably for an older version. JJ maybe changed or scrapped a few things between updates. So that maybe a reason why some things don’t correlate. But with the extra info in the website that I linked you should be good.