Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By DJ Black Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:51 pm
Hi ALL,
I'm a newbie to MPC. I have an MPC 2500 that I built from scratch. I am running JJOS 3.13 with 128MB of RAM. I have a 128GB SD Card in an Extreme compact flashcard cartridge that fits in the CF slot. I have a new "Jog Wheel" board, new Q-Link board, new Function board, new Pad sensor and sensor pcb board, and a new mainboard, and all new cable. All pads respond and all modes come up when requested. I know the sound works because when I go to click and choose option to use click during playback, I get metronome sound. But when I try to play sounds from the already installed programs on jjos 3.13, I get nothing. I also uploaded a Drum kit with all WAV sounds and I still get nothing. Can someone please help?
By saltmcgault Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:31 pm
Are you sure you properly connected everything you installed in the correct places? What drum kits did you load? What are the sample rates of these samples on these drum kits you loaded? Have you tried sampling via drums etc. and assigning those to pads in a newly created program? do those work? Make sure these drum kits you are loading are 16bit / 44.1khz. Can you hear these samples when browsing through your CF CARD and hard drive before loading them?
By DJ Black Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:59 pm
I will check the sample rates and get back to you guys on that. As far as trying to hear the samples that come with JJOS 3.13, the file may be corrupt at some point. When I load one of the samples to a pad I get this for example: "?Kick", or "?Snare". From looking at these forums it appears that it may be corrupt files. I guess I'll try and reload from the website. I'll just delete the downloaded file I already have in my download folder and reinstall.
I know the pads work because I recorded some samples and I was able to assign those samples to pads. But from the CF, they load with full name, ex: "Kick" or "Snare", but I get no sound. Then after about 15 minutes of trying to load samples to a pad it says "File Not Found." I'm like, "Where did they go?" So I think the CF is probably no good. I tried re-formatting it a few times but I get the same results but like you said, could be sample rate not correct.

Thanks guys for your time. I will update soon.
By mikeone209 Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:54 am
DJ Black wrote:I will check the sample rates and get back to you guys on that. As far as trying to hear the samples that come with JJOS 3.13, the file may be corrupt at some point. When I load one of the samples to a pad I get this for example: "?Kick", or "?Snare". From looking at these forums it appears that it may be corrupt files. I guess I'll try and reload from the website. I'll just delete the downloaded file I already have in my download folder and reinstall.
I know the pads work because I recorded some samples and I was able to assign those samples to pads. But from the CF, they load with full name, ex: "Kick" or "Snare", but I get no sound. Then after about 15 minutes of trying to load samples to a pad it says "File Not Found." I'm like, "Where did they go?" So I think the CF is probably no good. I tried re-formatting it a few times but I get the same results but like you said, could be sample rate not correct.

Thanks guys for your time. I will update soon.

Sounds like its a loading issue and or file issue (sample rate like you stated). You might want to try converting all those files and transferring them back over to your Cf card to see if that works. If not, try recording directly into the MPC and saving your files directly to your HDD. From there you can assign a sample to a pad and it should produce sound.