Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Woli Wols Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:38 am
My OG 2500 screen started fading out to nothing after about 30 mins of use, the contrast would work but relative to how much it had faded out it wouldn't bring it back from nothing if that makes sense.

I figured that it needed a new screen so got an XLCD from mpc stuff. This is better as it doesn't fade out but seems stuck at about 20% contrast and I have to angle the screen right to see properly.

The contrast function has no effect, and mpc stuff sent me a replacement in case it was a dud screen but that had the same issues, they then said it could be the lcd chip on the main board which is $$$ to replace and that I should send it in for analysis, unfortunately I live in Australia and would be looking at a few hundred bucks each way in postage without taking in parts and labor!

Any ideas?

I don't mind buying the board and fitting it myself if I know it's thebissue, I just don't want to spunk $600 for no reason :?
Cheers
By Menco Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:18 pm
Maybe digging up another (broken) unit for cheap? I don’t know if that’s a realistic option for you to consider?
By Woli Wols Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:00 pm
Thanks,

Yeah the inversion doesn't really help unfortunately.

Keeping an eye out for old machines but i'd be most the way to a newer model by that time, I do love the 2500 though!