Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Dubalith Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:00 pm
Hey guys! I have bough mpc 2500 not to long ago, i love messing with it so far, but i noticed almost since begining that pad 4 was not working, and i was wrong, when i was typing i noticed it works, just need to press it rly hard... The issue is, it picks up maximum velocity to 20 when hitting super hard, while others go to 127... I was ignoring this issue and just avoid using this pad, works but its kinda annoying... Mode + pad 10(others) and pad function menu is on settings to get max velocity curve A and velocity 20, while all others on velocity 1... Seems the previous owner have either killed the the pad sensor quite a bit? What you suggest, change the whole pads? Which ones should i order, i live in Netherlands atm, any1 know technician for change that? Or its not difficult make repair by own hands? Also I noticed that Q link both faders if used not gentle dont behave like it should, and even when ur gentle with it can get bit messy, like jumps values from lowest to highest, but if rly gentle its possible to avoid it many times, so i guess thats not normal behaviour and would be nice to service that too? I need to hear some advice from people that done some mods n repairs on their mpc before :)
By NearTao Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:20 pm
You can get a replacement pad sheet, which might be the simplest way to get the pads feeling like new.

As for the faders... get a can of compressed air and see if blowing dust out gets you straight. I've also used Deoxit a few times, blow some in there and then work the fader for a good minute... then turn it back on and see how it responds...

Beyond that... you're probably looking at some higher cost repairs... if you're handy, nothing that cannot be done... definitely not too complicated... but something that you might want somebody with more experience to do. Barring *that* you can check out MPC Stuff and see if they have spare parts you can use or check your local market for parts you can harvest from other more busted systems.