Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By 36Techniques Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:12 am
What up everyone, just upgrading my 2500 to take an SD card as the hard disc which works great though im wanting to put over as much of my sample library as i can.. Was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a limit that the machine will take? Ive got a 64Gb SD in it at the moment but am wanting to buy a 512Gb or even 1T if it will work.

Just cant find any info on this anywhere thats all, Greatly appreciate any comments!

Peace
By NearTao Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:50 pm
FAT32 can technically get very large... the problem is that a small file that is maybe 1KB, ends up taking whatever the block size is 32KB, 64KB... etc... Lots of small samples can end up taking up a rather large amount of space. The technical max size of FAT32 I believe is 16TB... but windows by default will only let you format up to 32GB.

That said... I ran a 128gb and a 256gb CF card in both my MPC 500 and MPC 1000 just fine... so it is likely to work... but I'm not going to be able to give you a "yes it absolutely works" type of thumbs up.
By BlackMetaphor Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:25 pm
It will only read a max of 120gb per slot. I have a 128gb sd card as a hard drive. The MPC only reads up to 120 in the hard drive slot and cf card slot. I have total of 240gb available.