Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By jean dewey Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:59 pm
Hi, I've been alternating between running my turntable or a Korg Trinity through my Analog IN. Would the sound of either the keyboard or the turntable suffer for being run into the SPDIF for sampling instead? I don't want to "convert out" of the samples any analog quality that makes it sound warmer or distinct in some way.
By Lampdog Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:12 pm
Copy the entire project. Experiment with the copy ONLY. Go with whatever you like from that point on.
By jean dewey Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:17 am
that's sound advice, thank you! unfortunately I haven't yet found a way to run either one of the korg or the turn table into the Digital IN. The Korg itself has a place for SPDIF OUT, but the module isn't there and I haven't been able to track down anything close to a workable part.

I feel like this part may be useful to me, though: https://www.amazon.com/Micca-Premium-SP ... 578&sr=8-2

If it actually would work to run regular analog audio to the Digital IN that'd be great, I got something similar that was twice as much earlier this year that didn't work.
By NearTao Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:39 am
definitely give it a try (and probably read the reviews a couple times), but I have found some of those analog to spdif/optical converters were really noisy. I suspect a lot of them are of poor construction and don't eliminate ground loop problems from USB or other power sources.