Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By kinnikinnick Thu May 20, 2021 11:36 am
Hello!
This is my first post here so have mercy on me :worthy:

I recently bought a 128GB CF Card for my mpc 2500. At first it used to freeze when inserted but managed to figure it out and formatted.
Now I connected it to my Windows PC and it seems it can't open the content(though empty) of the CF card.
What should I do? Buy a card reader and use the card this way?

THanks in advance
By selecta jo Sun May 23, 2021 7:53 am
welcome to the forums!

does the cf-card appear in windows after you connected the usb cable to the mpc and then has no items in it or does the cf-card not appear in windows at all?

if the cf-card is not appearing in windows at all go to the USB page on the mpc and press MOUNT (F6). this should mount the cf-card to the windows file system and make it visible.
also make sure that in the USB page "memory card" is selected in the "access to:" field.

using a card reader of any kind, internal or external is also an option if the USB connection proves to be unreliable.

make sure to always save eject the cf-card from windows, no matter which way you connect it and not just pull it to prevent data loss if the systems are running.
if the mpc is powered down you can eject or put back the cf-card anytime.

maybe also check which os your mpc is running - the latest official version is 1.24 - and there were some improvements to the USB connectivity in newer versions.

have fun!

peace, jo
By kinnikinnick Tue May 25, 2021 12:21 pm
Hello jo and thanks for your quick reply.

I managed to connect the CF card to the PC via a card reader and loaded it with some sounds.
As i tried to load the sample into the mpc it froze.
I guess my 2500 doesn't like large CF cards so I bought a microSD to CF adapter and a 128gb microSD and it works smooth.
By Debut Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:55 pm
Just got my Mpc 2500.

I know there can be compatibility issues with cards. I plan on getting an cf to USB adapter so i can load the cf with sounds. Can i use a cf to sd card adapter like this one below since i use sd cards on my mpc one? If this won’t work is there another sd to cf adapter you all recommend? Thank you.

*edit

After reading several comments I read the cf to sd adapter I listed was cheap and won’t work. I saw that the below was listed to work with the mpc 500 per that video a couple pages back. Would this adapter work with my mpc 2500 without errors and issues? I plan on using it with a 64gb sandisk sd card.

Digigear SDXCF SD SDHC SDXC to CF Type II Extreme/Ultimate Compact Flash Card Adapter, Note Not for CF Type One Slot https://a.co/d/ig6ksQE