Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Theo Lacombe Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:49 pm
Hello guys !
I hope, you allright !

I'm working in new configuration with my customers with MPC 2500 but I get questions/problems on my customer's objective.

He told me, many years ago. He worked with his Synth Keyboard into MPC 2500 and recorded like a sample beat (REC/OVER DUB REC/ PLAY / STOP button on right bottom on his MPC). But right now, when I installed this configuration, I'm stuck...

Because, if I want to hear something of his synth keyboard, I need to output from SYNTH TO MPC Stereo Input. Record with "Direct Recording" but, this solution is not good to record in Loop... It's maybe not the good options.

He told me to "Start his sequence", and pratice, and record in loop without to pass in "Direct Recording" Mode...

So I tried to take a MIDI Cable, from MIDI OUTPUT of his synth keyboard into the MPC 2500. BUT, i know that. MIDI -> Just data and NO SOUND. I'm reading the manual of 2500MPC, talk about MIDI OUTPUT (from MPC) into SYNTH but I don't understand how it works ...

Can you help me to understand and root my signal to loop record, and add layer to record External Synth Keboard into MPC ?

Check this photos of his installation :

Thanks You Very Much