Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By BleepBloop Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:55 pm
So I got an MPC 2500 to use primarily as a midi sequencer and I'm running into a very strange issue that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere. I am unable to record MIDI data from any of my synthesizers to the MPC. It works perfectly fine to record midi data from pad mode and play it on the synths but the MPC is not recording any information coming in.

I have tried many different approaches to fix it. I've used multiple midi cables, multiple synths, and multiple OS. I started with JJ and reverted to AKAI to see if that would fix the issue and it hasn't. I used a friends mpc 2000xl to see if the issue was with my synths and the recording process worked without any issue on their machine.

Not sure if this is a software issue or hardware issue. I've tried all the ports and they seem to work as I've been able to sync my 2500 to other MPCs. This leads me to believe that it's a software issue but it hasn't been resolved by switching software.

I'm very confused!! Any help would be greatly appreciated as I love everything else about the machine.

Thank you :)
By loose_t Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:55 pm
Check your track level MIDI settings are set to receive the same channel that your synth is sending to the MPC. This is on the main screen, not the MIDI page.