Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Tommtom Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:42 pm
Whuz Good Y’all!
I need y’all input, comments but most importantly. I need y’all advice
I love my 2500 she been good to me but she’s mostly a midi controller now so I’m looking to replace her and I need fellow user valuable advice.
Which of the new models does come close to the 2500?
Should I keep or replace my 2500?
Appreciate your help
Thanks
TT
By Menco Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:35 pm
Think the X comes closest to the 2500 with the tilt screen, more assignable outputs, midi and the fact they both are and were the flagship of their lineup. OS feature wise they will all come close to your 2500.

Keeping it or replacing...That really depends on your workflow and how you use your 2500. If you only use it as a midi controller then an X would be overkill, and even the Ren would suit your needs better, or even another midi controller. But if it works like you want it to work and if it's not in your way, then why get rid of it?
By NearTao Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:02 pm
This reads like "I've got a fully loaded 2011 Ford Taurus, should I get a new whip, if so, which one?"

Like Menco... gotta say what you've got is great. You'll need to tell us more.

* Why is the 2500 only a midi controller for you at this point? What are you midi controlling?
* What would you like out of a new MPC that you're not getting right now out of your current setup?
* Will a new MPC add anything to what you've got going right now?

For me, the new MPC line has been great, but it doesn't fully replace the 1k/2.5k line either. I moved forward and am not looking back, but that's what has worked for me. Your case is almost certainly different and I'm not sure what from my experience could help you on your journey.
By Lampdog Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:53 pm
Get an X and don't look back.

I moved from 4k and haven't looked back. I've tried, didn't like the view anymore
turned right back around to X and kept it moving.