Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Wyoming Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:02 pm
So, I bought a MPC 2500. Really pleased with it! Has some cool features I was missing on my 2kxl :-) I'm planning to use them both.

So when I first started, nothing was wrong. Everything worked fine. But, after an hour or so, the pads seem to mix up. Now, then I start up the MPC the pads are mixed up from the start. When I go to the program menu and hit pad 3, it says I'm hitting pad 7. Pad 7 gives pad 5 or pad 1, pad 13 gives pad 3... And so on.

The MPC is running JJOS 3.13. Has anybody any advice in this situation? The MPC itself is looking and sounding really great, but this isn't workable.

Thnx in advance!
By Menco Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:45 am
Try cleaning the sensor sheet with a damped cloth.
By Wyoming Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:54 pm
Menco wrote:Try cleaning the sensor sheet with a damped cloth.

Ah okay! So it just could be dusted, I see. Just remove the sensor sheet, clean it up, put it in to place and test?

Thanks so much.
By richie Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:11 pm
Do not attempt to remove the pad sensor sheet. It is bonded with adhesive, removing it will do nothing but end up costing you another $80 to replace it.

If the pads are working fine for the first hour, then that does not indicate that it needs a cleaning. What it does tell me is that after an hour, your unit is heating up and malfunctioning.
By Wyoming Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:05 pm
richie wrote:Do not attempt to remove the pad sensor sheet. It is bonded with adhesive, removing it will do nothing but end up costing you another $80 to replace it.

If the pads are working fine for the first hour, then that does not indicate that it needs a cleaning. What it does tell me is that after an hour, your unit is heating up and malfunctioning.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the long waiting.

It took me a while to get the time to open up the MPC and 'clean' the sheet. The sheet didn't look any dusty or dirty, but I cleaned up the surface.

First I thought the problem occurred after a while. But now I look at it again (the cleaning didn't help) the third row is the whole problem (vertical). Every pad on the third row 'thinks' he/she is an other pad from that row.

I already saw it is an INTERLINK pad sheet. So, I think I'll just replace the sheet for a new one. I think I'll order two, because some pads on my 2kxl are not that sensitive anymore.

Am I on the correct path? Thanks in advance!
By Sense-A Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:09 pm
Just keep in mind that the 2KXL probably has a different pad sheet and that the pads on different models are different sizes. Just get the correct pad sheet for correct model making sure it fits.

I had a problem with pads triggering the wrong pads or triggering duplicate pads. I noticed that the pad sheet appeared to have a little air trapped under it when it was applied, and that very small incisions with a razor blade in particular places solved the problem.

How I resolved wrong pads triggering or duplicate triggers: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=186678&