Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Hommy Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:08 am
I’m having very weird issues with the pads on my MP. Randomly the pads start going crazy, I tap one and multiple random ones play. This isn’t consistently happening though, like it works fine then randomly starts happening, then turn it off for a few hours then come back and it works fine for a while… which is confusing me, is it a hardware or could it even be a software issue? I have updated JJOS.
Anyone know anything about this
By PillsInfinity Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:29 pm
Hommy wrote:I’m having very weird issues with the pads on my MP. Randomly the pads start going crazy, I tap one and multiple random ones play. This isn’t consistently happening though, like it works fine then randomly starts happening, then turn it off for a few hours then come back and it works fine for a while… which is confusing me, is it a hardware or could it even be a software issue? I have updated JJOS.

I've had this happen before and I honestly feel like I got lucky with how it resolved and never happened again but what i did was take the faceplate off and use deoxit on the pad sensors (not sure if you should do that) but after doing that mine eventually went back to normal forever as far that goes.
By Hommy Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:59 pm
PillsInfinity wrote:
Hommy wrote:I’m having very weird issues with the pads on my MP. Randomly the pads start going crazy, I tap one and multiple random ones play. This isn’t consistently happening though, like it works fine then randomly starts happening, then turn it off for a few hours then come back and it works fine for a while… which is confusing me, is it a hardware or could it even be a software issue? I have updated JJOS.

I've had this happen before and I honestly feel like I got lucky with how it resolved and never happened again but what i did was take the faceplate off and use deoxit on the pad sensors (not sure if you should do that) but after doing that mine eventually went back to normal forever as far that goes.

Since I posted this it worked properly for 2 days then it’s randomly started happening again, so weird how it can work perfect then spaz out 2 mins later then go back to normal days later lol. I’ll try deoxit thanks
By PillsInfinity Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:30 pm
[quote=
Since I posted this it worked properly for 2 days then it’s randomly started happening again, so weird how it can work perfect then spaz out 2 mins later then go back to normal days later lol. I’ll try deoxit thanks[/quote]

one more thing i remembered is that i think i was also leaving my mpc on for too long (like overnight, days) and i stopped doing that and that may have also decreased the chances of that ever happening again. when you use deoxit i dont remember exactly what i did but i may have used toilet paper/paper towel (dont recommend) or microfibre cloth to clean it as well.
By WASKMUSIC Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:28 pm
Deoxit on padsensors makes no sense bc Deoxit is a contact cleaner and the padsensors (yes, they are contacts) are sandwiched between two plastic layers, so the cleaning solution doesn't have any effect on that (besides lubricant to wipe the dust from the upper plastic sheet).

Teoilet paper is not a good idea because you rub the dirt particles into the plastic layer which can harm them. Microfiber is fine. Cleaning with IPA isopropylic alcohol (best is 99%) is the best idea.

Leaving an MPC on for days because of lazyness for saving the files is never a good idea, electronic components have a lifespan of xxx hours, or xxx presses (on switches) and so on. So do your work. Save. Load again when needed. Besides that it is just an energy waste.
By PillsInfinity Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:01 pm
WASKMUSIC wrote:Deoxit on padsensors makes no sense bc Deoxit is a contact cleaner and the padsensors (yes, they are contacts) are sandwiched between two plastic layers, so the cleaning solution doesn't have any effect on that (besides lubricant to wipe the dust from the upper plastic sheet).

Teoilet paper is not a good idea because you rub the dirt particles into the plastic layer which can harm them. Microfiber is fine. Cleaning with IPA isopropylic alcohol (best is 99%) is the best idea.

Leaving an MPC on for days because of lazyness for saving the files is never a good idea, electronic components have a lifespan of xxx hours, or xxx presses (on switches) and so on. So do your work. Save. Load again when needed. Besides that it is just an energy waste.

yes brother, i never said what i did was a good idea, i just let them know what i did. I used to leave my mpc on 6 years ago, thanks for the intricate information though, appreciate you. you think you could help on my post currently in the 2500 section?
By Hommy Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:22 pm
PillsInfinity wrote:[quote=
Since I posted this it worked properly for 2 days then it’s randomly started happening again, so weird how it can work perfect then spaz out 2 mins later then go back to normal days later lol. I’ll try deoxit thanks

one more thing i remembered is that i think i was also leaving my mpc on for too long (like overnight, days) and i stopped doing that and that may have also decreased the chances of that ever happening again. when you use deoxit i dont remember exactly what i did but i may have used toilet paper/paper towel (dont recommend) or microfibre cloth to clean it as well.[/quote]

Ironically, once I leave it on for a while the issue stops happening.. I’m starting to think it could be a software issue
By WASKMUSIC Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:22 pm
You have to find away to recreate the error so you can check whats going on. I don't think that it is a software related error, but you can rule that out by initializing/reflashing the firmware.
In my opinion it is either the ram, a bad padsensor, a bad padsensor pcb or a bigger issue on the mainboard.