Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By mrcainessuits Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:04 am
peace

I just picked up a 2500 after using a 2000xl for 20+ years and wanted to see if there’s an OS that makes the trim function most similar to the 2000xl.

I’m hoping it’s just some settings I haven’t found yet but my main questions are
- can you have the whole sample play when hitting the pad instead of holding it down?
- can you use the faders to change start/end times after you zone chop?

Appreciate any help or guidance to existing articles.

- shane
By mrcainessuits Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:54 am
alright, as I slowly learn I've updated to the JJOS free and can trim with the sliders while zoomed in.

still looking for how to have the whole sample play just by tapping a pad while trimming if anyone knows
By B-Wise Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:45 pm
mrcainessuits wrote:alright, as I slowly learn I've updated to the JJOS free and can trim with the sliders while zoomed in.

still looking for how to have the whole sample play just by tapping a pad while trimming if anyone knows

It should be pad 1 while in sample trim mode. Get the JJOS manual for more info.
By Orasohm Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:56 am
Jjos free ver. Is the key. U can normalize and also auto chop and still have an track loaded or single chops with extracts to make new sound and keep the old waves that u can mix up!!!