Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By zaraxisof Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:52 am
Apologies for any errors -English isnt my native language- & if this question has already been covered in the past - or its answer is obvious. About 20 years hardware & MP user (2KXL & 2.5) working mostly inside box using same autistic technics for all of my life like 2nd nature u know how it is. Total noob when comes to digital world.

Long story short, had finished a beat using samples from an old CD. Now i found original song in vinyl & I'd like to use that instead.
Is it possible (MP software?) to replace same existing data - every chop of the pgm- somehow with the new recording?

If so just give me a hint so i can then get on my own.
Answer would be probably a simple one but i could easily ignore it right now.

Peace.
By Lampdog Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:19 pm
How are you? I saw the PM.
I don’t use MPC Software at all. I’ve tried it, didn’t like it.
You can bring all your MPC 2500 files to the computer and open the project in MPC Software.
Sample vinyl into your computer/2500 whatever you want and get that into MPC Software also.
You’ll have to recreate your cd chops using the vinyl samples and replace the cd chops in the pads/audio tracks.

In the past I would open a daw, Reaper, and place the old chop on a track, new chop below it, line them up and chop the new to match what’s above leaving some small audio in front and back in case I need to chop or trim again later. I’d then replace the old with new, same filename, same format. Project will need to be resaved.
By zaraxisof Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:49 am
Ok i see. Manually again.
This is what i was afraid of hearing & supposed too, just hoping there was an algorithm that could make that automatically. A.I. calling :lol:

Won't go that way though as chops aren't so assymetrical time wise, they're almost equal (well with the appropriate before or after edit chop corrections for start/end of each one u know). They're just too much, covering whole 4 banks in 2 pgms. That gives us about 128 chops that's why I'd like to avoid it.

But I'll go from beginning once again when I'll be in my mood days. Handling it with love like it's the first time & not seeing it as a tedious task, you can even make better & more creative things, u know how it goes.

Or i could scam ppl & my audience by keeping mp3/cd chops & just adding some vinyl noise, pseudo analog & appropriate mix.
Kidding. Karma is a ... bits.

Wish u all best Lamp, take care.
Peace man.
By Lampdog Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:06 am
Yep. It wouldn’t be an easy task.
You could take time and do just a few chops a day so as hot to get overwhelmed.
Line ‘em up, zoom in and match ‘em up. I’ve done it before when recreating the same thing from a better source but not up to 128 chops, no, just a few.