Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500

By Mantis Beats Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:35 pm
Anonymous wrote:I even visited Tokyo once and made personal friends there, so why the f_ck should i be racist about them?
Some people all just too damn paranoid about things like this.

Dudes is just up tight about the MPC 2500 pricing, potential software glitches ...and the fact they still have a couple of weeks before they actually see it ....frustration basically !

LOL ....dudes need to chill out man... theres gonna be enough MPC 2500 to go around for all ! :D

By evildead Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:41 pm
well you maybe mean no harm to by it, and it may be an abreviation but at least to me it has negative connotations, going back to World War II.

By Mantis Beats Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:57 pm
...and talking of world wars.... do you think the MPC 2500 will be strong enough to survive one ! I mean my MPC 2000 XL is solid ! Some one told me their MPC 1000 was as delicate as a laptop... any ideas of the MPC 2500 build ?

By mahoney Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:06 pm
Mantis Beats wrote:
any ideas of the MPC 2500 build ?

That's why I say pop it likes it's hot.

jahrome wrote:
Will you please pop it open to give an in-depth review of the effects board in comparison to what's in the 1K/2K? Maybe you could compare the wet/dry signal out? Anything! I'm dying to know what the effects are like! They're gonna blow me away! They're gonna be completely overhauled! Right?

Are your serious??

I will do what I can but I doubt that the effects will be completely overhauled. They are most likely to be similar to the 4K or 1K. Akai completely over hauled effects when they started making the 4000 and 1000.

As serious as your life is! Well, not about the expected overhaul (I tried to make up for that by adding smileys) but I do expect any number one seller of MPCs to want to know the machine inside out. :D

I don't hold the FX on the MPC 1000 in high regard, but considering the added delay on the 2500 I am just curious to whether we are dealing with any other generally improved circuitry or sonic qualities, and more specifically what the effects have come to. The LFOs bode well, but the ultra cheese from 2000/1000 effects do not.

By cowbell Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:40 pm
evildead wrote:well you maybe mean no harm to by it, and it may be an abreviation but at least to me it has negative connotations, going back to World War II.

I don't know how old you are but that ended 60 years ago.
Same as the term "n i g g a" was used in a different way 60 years ago.
Enough of this sht. This is a board about JapANESE drummachines, not politics.

By elmacaco Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:56 pm
Ok, please stop with the race discussion right now. Jap is considered a derrogatory term, but not as bad as others, so lets move on and keep talking about the 2500.

it looks very good.

By Jenre Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:00 pm
Haha. I was joking about the racist thing.

Not the best word to use, but I know it wasn't meant in that way. I was joking.

By jahrome Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:15 pm
i'm just curious..... what was racist about what he said?? i read this post over and over again and couldn't find anything racist about this post. if you are referring to the term "Japs", i don't see anything derogatory about it. he could have said whites, or blacks but i don't think that would have been appropriate being that over in Japan, it was the Japanese that engineered the making of this unit. ok, sure he could have said "...the people over in Japan....." but he didn't he just said Japs. i don't know any Japanese people who would have gotten offended by that.

if that's not what you meant then.... my bad.

I pointed out the word 'Japs' as being politically incorrect. Whether you wanted to abbreviate or not. My wife is Japanese and I have lived in Japan for over 10 years. Actually, they only use the word Japan or Japanese when they are among foreigners. Jap is not a fond word. As far as using terms like Black and white..they are not offensive. In fact, if you refer to someone as an African American..most may tell you that they prefered calling themselves black.

Ok...lets move on...I think the point was made otherwise this thread will head in another direction.

By Mantis Beats Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:42 pm
...Ok I take it y'all is fed up talking about the MPC2500 hey lets talk about racism !

....y'all need to stick to the script or take your debate to the Off Topic section!

..damn ...I sounded like Lampdog!

Lamp, need a rookie moderator !!!

By jahrome Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:27 pm
Naw...at least I am not tired of talking about the 2500..another day closer to getting one...

As serious as your life is! Well, not about the expected overhaul (I tried to make up for that by adding smileys) but I do expect any number one seller of MPCs to want to know the machine inside out.

I don't hold the FX on the MPC 1000 in high regard, but considering the added delay on the 2500 I am just curious to whether we are dealing with any other generally improved circuitry or sonic qualities, and more specifically what the effects have come to. The LFOs bode well, but the ultra cheese from 2000/1000 effects do not.

To be perfectly honest...no..I don't care about opening the MPC 2500 up and finding out what in the heck Akai has made this thing out of (although I will look). I want to know what this thing will do. I am going to tax this thing like this is no tomorrow. I will even record 100,000 notes on a sequnece, max out the sample memory using the intrack sampling feature on exery track..use all of the 24 programs, etc I will report back everything I find. As far as FXs..I will not comment on them because that is subjective. I think my powered UAD plug-in Effects are top notch and don't care what the MPCs effects sound like..others may say the direct opposite. So I will leave that for another user to talk about.

ByGuest Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:40 pm
I don't care about opening the MPC 2500 up and finding out what in the heck Akai has made this thing out of (although I will look).

I bet you'll find my old laptop (that I sold on ebay 7 years ago).
And if you're really luck it'll be my trusted Amiga 500 or C64. :lol:

By jahrome Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:42 pm
I bet you'll find my old laptop (that I sold on ebay 7 years ago).
And if you're really luck it'll be my trusted Amiga 500 or C64.

If it is an improvement over the standard XL..I will take those specs anyday....