Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By cowbell Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:58 pm
Jenre wrote:Bad idea.

Trimming the end of the sample.. oh dear, my slider wont go any further.. what now?

If you ever worked with a SP1200 you know it's NOT a bad idea at all.
In fact it's the easiest/fastest way to truncate samples.

By Mantis Beats Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:58 pm
OK, sorry to throw a curve ball but whats the likely hood that after the MPC 2500 drops , we then see an MPC 2500 XL (with go faster stripes) about a year and a half later ?

By BRAVO Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:11 pm
I think the xl era is dun...Akai had perfect opportunity to call it the 1000xl

By mahoney Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:31 pm
cowbell wrote:
Jenre wrote:Bad idea.

Trimming the end of the sample.. oh dear, my slider wont go any further.. what now?

If you ever worked with a SP1200 you know it's NOT a bad idea at all.

File under: knowledge jewels.

Mantis Beats wrote:OK, sorry to throw a curve ball but whats the likely hood that after the MPC 2500 drops , we then see an MPC 2500 XL (with go faster stripes) about a year and a half later ?

My money's on an MPC 500 (a portable entry level sampler) seeing the light of day first. Either way, if you ever thought updates are far between now, consider Akai folding completely because you don't like them marketing new product. It's text book marketing schemes. You either buy into it or you don't (I know I do).

By Jenre Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:44 pm
cowbells wrote:If you ever worked with a SP1200 you know it's NOT a bad idea at all.

Well I haven't. How does it work?

By LaJProd Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:08 pm
BRAVO wrote:I think the xl era is dun...Akai had perfect opportunity to call it the 1000xl

Well there is still hope for a 1000XL....Maybe even a 4000XL....Hell maybe a 2500XL in a few years....who knows!!!!

By cowbell Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:27 pm
Jenre wrote:
cowbells wrote:If you ever worked with a SP1200 you know it's NOT a bad idea at all.

fader 1 is for rough START POINT editing (big steps) - fader 2 is for precise START POINT editing (small steps)
fader 3 is for rough END POINT editing - fader 4 is for precise END POINT editing
....oh yeah, fader 5 is for loop lenght :)

Believe me, above description looks more complicated than actually doing it.

Now i know that the 2500 only has two faders but i could imagine the Q-LINK pot to do the rough (big steps) editing and the fader doing the detailed editing.

Would have been great if Akai had implemented this feature. But those Japs still don't know what the Emu crew knew back in '85 (i think the SP12 has the same feature).

By jahrome Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:24 pm
Would have been great if Akai had implemented this feature. But those Japs still don't know what the Emu crew knew back in '85 (i think the SP12 has the same feature).

Politically incorrect statement..........'Japs'????

By elmacaco Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:28 am
thw knob woul be better for fine, it;s easier to do fine adjustments with a knob than a slider.

By cowbell Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:36 am
jahrome wrote:Politically incorrect statement..........'Japs'????

relax, for me "Japs" is just short for Japanese.
Nothing political about that as far as i'm concerned.

By Jenre Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:06 am
cowbell wrote:
Jenre wrote:

fader 1 is for rough START POINT editing (big steps) - fader 2 is for precise START POINT editing (small steps)
fader 3 is for rough END POINT editing - fader 4 is for precise END POINT editing

Now i know that the 2500 only has two faders but i could imagine the Q-LINK pot to do the rough (big steps) editing and the fader doing the detailed editing.

pfft!

i'm not listening to no racist!

By mahoney Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:51 am
jahrome wrote:Track velocity is still on the main screen. The 2500 uses a liquid crsytal display. Who know if this screen is better than the previous MPCs as far as appearance/longevity......I got that cash to burn so I will mos def give you a bug report.

Will you please pop it open to give an in-depth review of the effects board in comparison to what's in the 1K/2K? Maybe you could compare the wet/dry signal out? :roll: Anything! I'm dying to know what the effects are like! They're gonna blow me away! They're gonna be completely overhauled! Right? :?

By jahrome Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:24 am
Will you please pop it open to give an in-depth review of the effects board in comparison to what's in the 1K/2K? Maybe you could compare the wet/dry signal out? Anything! I'm dying to know what the effects are like! They're gonna blow me away! They're gonna be completely overhauled! Right?

Are your serious??

I will do what I can but I doubt that the effects will be completely overhauled. They are most likely to be similar to the 4K or 1K. Akai completely over hauled effects when they started making the 4000 and 1000.

By sparq Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:42 pm
Jenre wrote:
cowbell wrote:
Jenre wrote:

pfft!

i'm just curious..... what was racist about what he said?? i read this post over and over again and couldn't find anything racist about this post. if you are referring to the term "Japs", i don't see anything derogatory about it. he could have said whites, or blacks but i don't think that would have been appropriate being that over in Japan, it was the Japanese that engineered the making of this unit. ok, sure he could have said "...the people over in Japan....." but he didn't he just said Japs. i don't know any Japanese people who would have gotten offended by that.

if that's not what you meant then.... my bad.

ByGuest Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:29 pm
sparq wrote:
Jenre wrote:
cowbell wrote:
Jenre wrote:

pfft!

i'm just curious..... what was racist about what he said?? i read this post over and over again and couldn't find anything racist about this post. if you are referring to the term "Japs", i don't see anything derogatory about it. he could have said whites, or blacks but i don't think that would have been appropriate being that over in Japan, it was the Japanese that engineered the making of this unit. ok, sure he could have said "...the people over in Japan....." but he didn't he just said Japs. i don't know any Japanese people who would have gotten offended by that.

if that's not what you meant then.... my bad.

Thanks for making that clear Sparq.
As i already stated in my previous post i just used "Japs' as an abbreviation of JAPanese.
I even visited Tokyo once and made personal friends there, so why the f_ck should i be racist about them?
Some people all just too damn paranoid about things like this.