Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500

By metafor Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:28 pm
You might want to hit up Sparq. he mentioned it going for around about 2g's. Who knows it might be cheaper, but hit him up he should know round about what it will be.

By citizeN Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:33 pm
so the link to the german website is gone, its not on their site anymore? conspiracy?

By pad-ophiliac Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:50 pm
JiggSaw wrote:I just want an est. price. Anyone have any guesses?

GC says $1999 with 128MBexp and ROM drive w/o HD

By punchdrunk Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:21 pm
pad-ophiliac wrote:the guy at akai i spoke with regarding the 2.5k reassured me that the 1k will not be getting timestretch/zoning features. said theres just not enough power.

hahahahahHAHAHA...akai is full of crap. there's just not enough power for timestretching or zoning, yet the 2kxl processor from like the late 90's could do it???

i mean i understand that they aren't gonna throw those features in the 1000 cause it would hurt the number of potential buyers of a 2500 but all the bs makes me sick. even in that SCRATCH mag from a couple monthes ago that said they would put those features in a SOFTWARE update for the 1000 when they obviously had the 2500 already planned to drop....big business disgusts me....oh well.........

on a seperate note, i wonder if they put the early/late feature back as the was it was on the 2000xl??

By dutch Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:12 am
wonder if there are gonna be anymore options once it's been released and is there gonna be a way to let you back up to external devices and is the rom drive read/write or just read.

By metafor Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:35 am
Its a burn drive, but you can onyl back up your stuff. You won't be able to burn audio cds. Its actually a dvd drive.

By sparq Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:37 am
dutch wrote:...and is there gonna be a way to let you back up to external devices and is the rom drive read/write or just read.

as far as that, if you use the hard drive option, you can back up onto that and the rom-drive can utilize a cd burner (CD-R/RW)

pad-ophiliac wrote:

the $1999 is just LIST price. and as i said b4, nothing sells for list price, it's always cheaper

By pad-ophiliac Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:41 am
sparq wrote:
dutch wrote:...and is there gonna be a way to let you back up to external devices and is the rom drive read/write or just read.

as far as that, if you use the hard drive option, you can back up onto that and the rom-drive can utilize a cd burner (CD-R/RW)

pad-ophiliac wrote:

the $1999 is just LIST price. and as i said b4, nothing sells for list price, it's always cheaper

the guy i talked to on the phone said they are taking orders. and then he said the msrp is $2999 but they are sellin em for $1999. he said they are taking orders and lettin em go for $1999. i'm just relaying what i was told the same way you we're relaying info about the 2.5k even existing.

By distortedtekno Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:44 am
so the link to the german website is gone, its not on their site anymore? conspiracy?

Strange $hit... I just noticed the 2.5K missing, as I was about to send the link on another board.
I saw that also, but theres a swiss site with the mpc2500 up on it. chech it out

http://www.pek.ch/

I just checked this site, only to find that the link for more info brought me back to the German site.

By jellyjim Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:05 am
pad-ophiliac wrote:the guy at akai i spoke with regarding the 2.5k reassured me that the 1k will not be getting timestretch/zoning features. said theres just not enough power.

I seriously doubt that. The 1k uses a Renesas/Hitachi SH7277-DSP chip running at 100 or 160MHz. Timestretching and zoning aren't very difficult. I used to do it on an Atari ST which ran the Motorola 68000 at ... 8MHz!

What could be possible tho is that there isn't enough room left in the OS for the code. But I doubt that too.

Akai could put those features in if they wanted too. But then they could put space invaders in there too. They'll do neither, but for different reasons.

Jim.

By sumedho Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:45 am
Not enough power!!! hahaha.......shit its dead easy to do zoning in software...if the 1000 can do extract it can do zoning...or reverse.