Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500

Do you intend to buy the new MPC 2500?

37%
33%
30%

By outsida.2 Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:44 am
jahrome wrote:
Hell I just got a 2000XL, 8 zip disk full of sounds, a pair of Sony MDR-V700 headphones with bag and 100 records to sample from for $662....Looks like people have alreay started to sell....You start selling, I start gaining!!!!

Good price..dude should have at least get $850 for that.

For real, I got my XL a year and some change ago for $900 and all it had was maxed out ram :(

By dennison Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:21 am
lets hope they get the o.s. smooth right out of the gate. If they are on the ball for this one then it has all of the right features for me. A little pricey but we shall see.

By LaJProd Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:59 am
outsida.2 wrote:For real, I got my XL a year and some change ago for $900 and all it had was maxed out ram :(

Yeah mine has the maxed out ram also...I guess I just got luckly with this deal since I payed $800 for my 1k that came with like nothing....Minus the 1k, Enter the 2000XL!!!!

By acidsid Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:04 pm
I'd rather keep my 1k and get a 3000.

Fukin newfangled bollocks

By jahrome Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:13 pm
Originally posted by acidsid
I'd rather keep my 1k and get a 3000.

Ok. When you are looking for an MPC 3000, hit me up on eBay. There are several on auction as we speak :idea:

By JUKE 179r Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:52 am
acidsid wrote:I'd rather keep my 1k and get a Alesis HR-16.

:shock:

By swishaman Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:16 pm
M.ic P.ro C.rusher wrote:Its only 16 bit!

It only has 4 banks per program.

I'm not gonna get either, but if I was looking to drop 2 grand on an MPC, I'ma drop 2500 and get a 4000. I think I've said this before....
well said...

By Boogie Man Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:01 am
I don't see the point in tossing my xl in favor of the new flavor...I'm completely comfortable with what I have and I'd feel as if 5 years of XL experience would go out the window...I just don't see the point...not to say the 2500 doesn't have something to offer someone, but it doesn't make sense for me...[/b]

By distortedtekno Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:31 am
What Pete Rock really meant to say is quoted in my sig... :wink:

By jahrome Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:22 am
Originally posted by Boogie Man
what I have and I'd feel as if 5 years of XL experience would go out the window...

You really believe that?? Akai sequencers have not really changed over the years....basically not at all. With the exception of the 4000 (the jury is still out on the 2500) if you can work one MPC, you can work them all..no mauals needed. My bet is that you would have no fall off or learning curve. It feels like I am waiting forever...Monday, I can finally get my hands on one of these.....

By Boogie Man Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:11 am
jahrome wrote:
Originally posted by Boogie Man
what I have and I'd feel as if 5 years of XL experience would go out the window...

You really believe that?? Akai sequencers have not really changed over the years....basically not at all. With the exception of the 4000 (the jury is still out on the 2500) if you can work one MPC, you can work them all..no mauals needed. My bet is that you would have no fall off or learning curve. It feels like I am waiting forever...Monday, I can finally get my hands on one of these.....

I'm sure I could work any MPC...shcit, I got my first taste on a 60 back in the early 90s....but

It's not just about the sequencer....It's about all the other stuff that I use in the 2kxl...like timestretch, which some people moan about, but it's knowing HOW to use it, even with it's limits, sample edit functions, I use more than just the "discard" function... the fx, which again, people moan about, but it's working with what you got, and being comfortable...I'm more comfortable with my MPC than I have ever been....It has taken me along time to really get to know it inside and out....I personally just don't see the need for a newer model....My setup as far as making my beats is perfect for me....my next purchases will be a mixer, and then an amp and some actual monitors.....but as far as a newer model MPC....I'm completely happy with it....and if there are things that might be missing, I workaround it....

By jahrome Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:18 am
I'm sure I could work any MPC...shcit, I got my first taste on a 60 back in the early 90s....but

It's not just about the sequencer....It's about all the other stuff that I use in the 2kxl...like timestretch, which some people moan about, but it's knowing HOW to use it, even with it's limits, sample edit functions, I use more than just the "discard" function... the fx, which again, people moan about, but it's working with what you got, and being comfortable...I'm more comfortable with my MPC than I have ever been....It has taken me along time to really get to know it inside and out....I personally just don't see the need for a newer model....My setup as far as making my beats is perfect for me....my next purchases will be a mixer, and then an amp and some actual monitors.....but as far as a newer model MPC....I'm completely happy with it....and if there are things that might be missing, I workaround it....

Its cool what you are doing with it......so I guess you have made up your mind. But my moeny is still on MPC 2000XL users not missing a beat if they switch to this new joint.

I will give a review..one coming from an MPC 2000/2000Xl user prospective without reading the manual...

By sparq Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:47 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: just like a salesman :lol: :lol: :lol:

i ain't mad at u J

By djdynasty Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:54 pm
Never mine the features. How does it sound, is what I want to know. If it sounds anything like the 2000/2000xl, they could keep that shit. (Tinny sound). I plan on getting another MPC 3000 and call it a day. Dont Believe the Hype :roll:

By jahrome Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:24 pm
Originally posted by djdynasty

Never mine the features. How does it sound, is what I want to know. If it sounds anything like the 2000/2000xl, they could keep that ****. (Tinny sound). I plan on getting another MPC 3000 and call it a day. Dont Believe the Hype

As a long time MPC 3000 and 2000XL user...the 2000Xl sounds as good as the MPC 3000 on playing back samples. I hear a little difference when sampling the same source into both of these units, but it is nothing to rave about. In fact, the main reason why I use the 3000 more than the MV is because I don't sample that much, and the MPC 3000 has more MIDI outs for my rack gear. With the 2500, I now will have the best of both worlds!