Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500

By jahrome Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:07 am
That cat Winston Eade needs to get fired. He did a very bad job of showing off the MPC 2500. He didn't really show none of the features.

By dutch Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:11 am
It was like he had no clue on what he was talking about.

By jellyjim Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:16 am
yeah pretty clueless, he said it had 4 q-link knobs rather than 2, he seemed to think the tap tempo was a unique feature and he claimed the card reader was a multi-card reader which it aint

but worse than that is the news of the uk retail price, just under £2000 ... ahahahahahahahahahah ... that's a good one akai, yeah you'll be shipping loads of those at that price

you can get a maxed out mv8000 with vga expansion and a monitor probably for that

sorry akai, it does look like a great evolution of the mpc line, but i don't see any innovation there, i don't see how it'll win any new customers or persuade any pc users to go more hardware, wake up! hardware companies you're under attack, you need to do something unique like say elektron with their sidstataion and machinedrum or you need to do something really good really cheap like say the alesis micron, imagine elecktron taking on the mpc concept it'd be breathtaking

bah, i'm off, akai, old news

jim

By Jenre Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:41 am
This has been around for a few days now. It's been posted somewhere else already.

But yeah, this guy doesn't know **** all. I'm not paying attention to that price. He thinks pads are new and exciting. What does he know??

By DFENS Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:31 pm
yeah, cop a machinedrum if want innovation

if you want the latest competing software, cop GURU
Last edited by DFENS on Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By nate247 Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:02 pm
jellyjim wrote:but worse than that is the news of the uk retail price, just under £2000 ... ahahahahahahahahahah ... that's a good one akai, yeah you'll be shipping loads of those at that price

Yeah £2k :shock:

Exactly what revolutionary features does this machine have to warrent that sort of price increase over the MPC1000 (that I currently own). Was looking forward to a new MPC too as I have a bit of money to burn. Just can't convince myself that the MPC2500 is worth that sort of money though.

Might just buy a Roland V-Synth instead and keep my MPC1000 (grown attached to it now anyway) :) lol

By DJDREW Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:57 pm
Hey all, so I can pop my MPC1000 CF card in this MPC and play my song right out of it? If I can I might be getting this as soon as I can. It has the bigger pad and a ten analog outputs and I live the 4 midi outputs, that pretty sick. PLus allot of editing feature, chopping and time stretching.

By mfsandwiches Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:42 pm
I honestly don't see how akai are still in business sometimes... they make good product, don't get me wrong, but their pricing is all wrong (£2000!?!?) and as a response to the MV8000, the MPC 2.5k and MPC 4k don't cut it. I mean how tough is it to incorporate a V.G.A option? A decent effects board with real time controls? A usable piano roll? Programmable track mutes? Akai really need to evolve the MPC, imo. A lot of people unfamiliar with the MPC concept will pass it over in favour of the MV simply because the MV is more attractive (in terms of features rather than quality, necessarily) and I don't see Akai addressing this.

By jahrome Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:54 pm

I honestly don't see how akai are still in business sometimes... they make good product, don't get me wrong, but their pricing is all wrong (£2000!?!?) and as a response to the MV8000, the MPC 2.5k and MPC 4k don't cut it. I mean how tough is it to incorporate a V.G.A option? A decent effects board with real time controls? A usable piano roll? Programmable track mutes? Akai really need to evolve the MPC, imo. A lot of people unfamiliar with the MPC concept will pass it over in favour of the MV simply because the MV is more attractive (in terms of features rather than quality, necessarily) and I don't see Akai addressing this.

Akai is still the leader...may similar units have come and gone..yet the MPC is still here. That is why they are still in business.

As far as the price..they are not totally responsible. Your retailers have more freedom in setting their own prices. $1500-$3000 plus depending on where you live.

There is no point on having many features if they are not that great to use. And some of the features listed above are already in an MPC.

The Akai MPC 2500 is not a respond to the MV. It is a response to the XL :)

By 14k Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:31 pm
Authorizes dealers do have price guidelines or they would post and print all sale prices rather than say PLEASE CALL FOR LOWEST PRICE! You're right mfsandwiches, Akai could have at least added the VGA option to make up for the reputation of having lousey screens that fade! A few more OS updates and the MV will be completly streamlined. The piano grid works well on the MV, also the Drum Grid looks & works well, especially when using your mouse and monitor!

As for Jahrome's comment......A company can be on top, but that same company has to fight to stay on top. Like a boxing champ......He just can't say he's the champ.....he's got to defend his title as champ and so does Akai. If Roland keeps working out (UPDATES) and Akai doesn't ......there will eventually be a T.K.O. with the younger unit defeating the older unit! History always repeats itself!

By jahrome Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:13 pm
Originally posted by 14K
Akai could have at least added the VGA option to make up for the reputation of having lousey screens that fade!

The MPC is a drum machine workstation. It doesn't need a VGA option anymore than anyother workstation. Would it be nice to have..maybe for some that are using it as a standalone workstation. What would be a good option for me is to have the AkSys functions where I can integrate it with my PC set-up...or have the ability to work with Yamaha's Studio Connection protocal...

As far as the MPC screens...eventually they will all fade and need replacement. The MPC 3000 (maybe the 4000 as well) has screen savers. The MPC 2000/2000XL screens can be saved by turning it off when you are not using them. I know alot of catz that burned out their screens by never turning the MPC off. That is not good logic for a machine that doesn't have a screen saver. I think I posted this same argument in another thread/possibly another forum. Turn off your MPCs when you are sleeping when you know that the screens won't last forever.

As far as the new MPC 2500, it comes with a newly designed LCD (on the inside). It uses a liquid crystal display. Only time will tell the life-span of this new LCD. But I won't be the one that leaves their MPC on to test how long the LCD lasts. I leave that to other forum members. I burned out the LCD of my first MPC 2000 fro,this mistake. Since than, I have never had to replace another MPC LCD.

Oh...I miss this the first time...but mfsandwiches, some of the features you claimed are not available in an MPC are in fact possible with the MPC 4000/2500.

By elmacaco Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:32 pm
Wow, I totally agree with jahrome. :lol: