Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By threshed Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:28 am
I would never get the 2500 because it has the same cheap ass pads as the 1000.
By LaJProd Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:28 am
threshed wrote:I would never get the 2500 because it has the same cheap ass pads as the 1000.

Co-sign....If you saw the pics that someone posted of the one they bought, damn thing looks like a fisher price toy....looks very cheap and not worth the $$$!!!!
By threshed Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:00 am
LaJProd wrote:
threshed wrote:I would never get the 2500 because it has the same cheap ass pads as the 1000.

Co-sign....If you saw the pics that someone posted of the one they bought, damn thing looks like a fisher price toy....looks very cheap and not worth the $$$!!!!

Damn strait! You would be alot better off getting a 3k or a 4k.

Represent REAL PADS!

By LaJProd Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:19 am
Thats why I just picked up a 2000XL for a damn good price!!!!
By mahoney Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:11 am

Same cheap ass pads?

I take it you believe the 2500 to have the same small pads as the mpc 1000? :shock:

If it's just a matter of quality of the rubber on the pads (which I kind of like), then how do you know they are cheap ass without having tried them out in the 2500-size? Maybe you did? Maybe you just decided to randomly hate some :?

By lank Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:48 am
wtf are you guys talking about? are they not the same pads as used on the 2000/2000xl/4000/etc? are they the same as on the MPD-16? i'd be suprised...

just sounds like more foolish talk from the naive cats on this forum.
By threshed Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:11 am
mahoney wrote:

Same cheap ass pads?

I take it you believe the 2500 to have the same small pads as the mpc 1000? :shock:

If it's just a matter of quality of the rubber on the pads (which I kind of like), then how do you know they are cheap ass without having tried them out in the 2500-size? Maybe you did? Maybe you just decided to randomly hate some :?

Maybe, maybe, maybe you dont know me. So dont even start to "randomly hate" on me. And the pads are actualy a bit wider on the 1000 so I dont get why you see smaller pads when you look at a 1000. The piezo sensors are of different sensitivity in the 1000 and 2500, thats why they have a different rubber membrane (pads), and the membranes density, size, and texture differ so they are better atune with the piezo sensors behavior. Its a response issue. You can even tell by looking. Read up on making your own drum machine. It will give you a better idea of what im talking about. Your most likely an mpc1000 user.. have you ever used an mpc with real pads, or played on the pads of another velocity sensitive drum machine? If not.. check it out. And dont blame AKAI.. Thank Numark for incorperating their great standards into an mpc.

lank wrote:wtf are you guys talking about? are they not the same pads as used on the 2000/2000xl/4000/etc? are they the same as on the MPD-16? i'd be suprised...

just sounds like more foolish talk from the naive cats on this forum.

Look for yourself.. http://hiphopproduction.com/forum/index.php?topic=718.0
all the new mpc's are gona be made with the 1000 pads. Their switching over. And read up on peoples experience with the 1000 pads: http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=36415

the mdp-16 pads suck too.. ever touch them at the corners? They practicly cave in and the response is only good in the very center.

By pad-ophiliac Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:41 am
i love my 1k pads. can't wait to get my 2.5k pads.

By TFunk13 Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:03 am
I've seen just as many people brake something on their 2000xl. I think some people are just stupid and don't know how to take care of their equipment.

The 1000s pads are great. I've had my 1000 for a year now and haven't had any problems at all. I will be getting a 2500 as soon as possible.

By Jenre Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:40 am
same size as the 2000xl though
By seal Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:17 pm
LaJProd wrote:

Man oh man. They dropped the ball with that thing. It's UGLEEE! This is Numark's fault.

By Roopesh Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:29 pm
was thinkin of selling my 2000xl. not sure now...it does look kinda toyish. don't mean to knock the product, but it looks like a dj product than a production tool.

the flatness of the unit worries me a bit, making it more hollow. hope it doesn't snap in half.

By jaem Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:46 pm
pads????

the 2kxl pads have no feel to them......