Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500

By Mantis Beats Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:26 pm
^^^^ LOL, don't worry I'm about to start on someone in this thread too!

Yo... Jahrome ! Whats with the CNN "MPC 2500" special reports ? ...and in todays MPC 2500 news... we now have the EMS tracking number... tune in - in the next half hour ....Oh, *News Flash !* Reports just in - the MPC 2500 could be here as soon as Monday... wow ! ...This has been Jahrome reporting for CNN "MPC 2500" special report !

:lol:
Last edited by Mantis Beats on Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By BRAVO Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:38 pm
jahrome wrote:

I was curious..I actually I still am curious if Nick Smooth is in the military or if his parents are in the military in Japan. I guess he doesn't want to answer the question :cry: Nick, where you at?

Leave the dude alone man....What has that got to do with you? He beat u to the 2500 and now ur pissed right?!

Gaaa head son, tell em why u mad.....LOL!

By jahrome Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:01 pm
Leave the dude alone man....What has that got to do with you? He beat u to the 2500 and now ur pissed right?!

Gaaa head son, tell em why u mad.....LOL!

I am actually jealous that I don't have mine yet. No, I wasn't trying to the the first..I didn't even know what was being worked on and there are several businesses like VST Service and Forat that already have demo units of it.

I was asking if he was afflilated with the military..because I am in the military and like to network with my peers. Something wrong with that?? If so...my bad. And, I could give him info where to get it at a better price..especially since he may want to add the options in the future. You can get the MPC 2500 in every music shop in Japan..but there are smaller spots that give you the best deal..hundreds of dollars less. I share this info with my military family.

By jahrome Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:28 pm
Originally posted by Mantis Beats

Location: London ^^^^ LOL, don't worry I'm about to start on someone in this thread too!

Yo... Jahrome ! Whats with the CNN "MPC 2500" special reports ? ...and in todays MPC 2500 news... we now have the EMS tracking number... tune in - in the next half hour ....Oh, *News Flash !* Reports just in - the MPC 2500 could be here as soon as Monday... wow ! ...This has been Jahrome reporting for CNN "MPC 2500" special report !

:idea: :lol:
We interrupt this program for a special news report: 23 Sept 05 17:06 hrs central Japan time..a 16kg package was accepted at a local postal service with a destination of Jahrome's crib. Details are pretty sketchy at this time. More info to come..please stayed tuned.

We are now returning to the regular scheduled program..already in progress :lol:

By BRAVO Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:29 pm
I hope this machine turns into plaques man cos u sound like it has already made u a billboard number 1 - LOL

By jahrome Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:35 pm
Originally posted by BRAVO
I hope this machine turns into plaques man cos u sound like it has already made u a billboard number 1 - LOL

:lol:

Just a hobbyist..my very expensive hobby at that.
By BRAVO Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:53 pm
Im just playing with you....Calm down tho....You'l probably break it str8 out the box

By jahrome Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:55 pm
Originally posted by BRAVO

Do your thing....
Im just playing with you....Calm down tho....You'l probably break it str8 out the box

I hope not..but there is two in the box..so I can afford to break one for the review.
By dwhite Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:28 pm
Ofcourse that kid is in the military or associated. All us military cats in Japan get the gear first over here. Many military guys and females have full on studios in there homes, apartments, and even on ships. If you got a Japanese girlfriend she'll buy you 10 MPC 2500. So the troops are puttin it down here. With that said many don't know how to work the equipment and have weak beats along with terrible recording techniques. Fortunately I went to Long Beach City College while stationed in Long Beach, Cali. I took advantage of my time off ship. Navy ofcourse. So I'm bangin the bomb sh*t. I own the MPC4000 and just traded a MPC2000xl for a MPC60. We running vs2400 and digi002. Ofcourse I always do my homework with this site, futureproducers, and samplekings. Now the MPC2500. I see the specs are mind blowing. It will take a true expert to review it to the fullest. Yes they are on the shelves in Japan. I can get around fine on it. I won't try a review by just demo in stores. I'll wait til I read it here and get the samplekings dvd. If you can't wait to get your hands on it I'll hook you up. You pay the shipping. We have U.S. post office onbase. I think without the extra memory and Cd-rw drive MPC2500 could be as low as $1,700. Not sure when it will hit the states. I think the U.S. price will still fall between the MPC2000xl and the MPC4000plus. So it will be up there. Well that's just my offer. Not trying to get rich. I had put out a post with a MPC2500 for sale for 2,000 but it's gone. My boy got it the next day. So I'll leave it at that. Before I go I will say respect the military it is American cats here touring and MCing in Japanese and English. Not making millions but they'll never going back to the U.S. Sometime it's the small things, but always think big. [email protected]

MPC-tutor is hot....MPC2500 is here......

dwhite
By bhunt Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:10 pm
dwhite wrote:Ofcourse that kid is in the military or associated. All us military cats in Japan get the gear first over here. Many military guys and females have full on studios in there homes, apartments, and even on ships. If you got a Japanese girlfriend she'll buy you 10 MPC 2500. So the troops are puttin it down here. With that said many don't know how to work the equipment and have weak beats along with terrible recording techniques. Fortunately I went to Long Beach City College while stationed in Long Beach, Cali. I took advantage of my time off ship. Navy ofcourse. So I'm bangin the bomb sh*t. I own the MPC4000 and just traded a MPC2000xl for a MPC60. We running vs2400 and digi002. Ofcourse I always do my homework with this site, futureproducers, and samplekings. Now the MPC2500. I see the specs are mind blowing. It will take a true expert to review it to the fullest. Yes they are on the shelves in Japan. I can get around fine on it. I won't try a review by just demo in stores. I'll wait til I read it here and get the samplekings dvd. If you can't wait to get your hands on it I'll hook you up. You pay the shipping. We have U.S. post office onbase. I think without the extra memory and Cd-rw drive MPC2500 could be as low as $1,700. Not sure when it will hit the states. I think the U.S. price will still fall between the MPC2000xl and the MPC4000plus. So it will be up there. Well that's just my offer. Not trying to get rich. I had put out a post with a MPC2500 for sale for 2,000 but it's gone. My boy got it the next day. So I'll leave it at that. Before I go I will say respect the military it is American cats here touring and MCing in Japanese and English. Not making millions but they'll never going back to the U.S. Sometime it's the small things, but always think big. [email protected]

dwhite

yep the Japanese girl comment is tru, lol. 7th flt stand up
By Dj:A Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:53 pm
dwhite wrote:Ofcourse that kid is in the military or associated. All us military cats in Japan get the gear first over here. Many military guys and females have full on studios in there homes, apartments, and even on ships. If you got a Japanese girlfriend she'll buy you 10 MPC 2500. So the troops are puttin it down here. With that said many don't know how to work the equipment and have weak beats along with terrible recording techniques. Fortunately I went to Long Beach City College while stationed in Long Beach, Cali. I took advantage of my time off ship. Navy ofcourse. So I'm bangin the bomb sh*t. I own the MPC4000 and just traded a MPC2000xl for a MPC60. We running vs2400 and digi002. Ofcourse I always do my homework with this site, futureproducers, and samplekings. Now the MPC2500. I see the specs are mind blowing. It will take a true expert to review it to the fullest. Yes they are on the shelves in Japan. I can get around fine on it. I won't try a review by just demo in stores. I'll wait til I read it here and get the samplekings dvd. If you can't wait to get your hands on it I'll hook you up. You pay the shipping. We have U.S. post office onbase. I think without the extra memory and Cd-rw drive MPC2500 could be as low as $1,700. Not sure when it will hit the states. I think the U.S. price will still fall between the MPC2000xl and the MPC4000plus. So it will be up there. Well that's just my offer. Not trying to get rich. I had put out a post with a MPC2500 for sale for 2,000 but it's gone. My boy got it the next day. So I'll leave it at that. Before I go I will say respect the military it is American cats here touring and MCing in Japanese and English. Not making millions but they'll never going back to the U.S. Sometime it's the small things, but always think big. [email protected]

dwhite

man, I appreciate the knowledge, but damn - i cant even read that shit

put

some

spaces

in

dog! :wink:

By jahrome Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:32 pm
I agree with most of the comments..but your Japanese girlfriend won't buy you 10 MPC 2500s :lol:

The economy in Japan is doing very badly and most of the girls are really broke..trust me on this one.

Ships?? You must be a Navy cat. Which ship your representing? What club do you find poppin?

Yokota, Misawa, Kadena in the house!

By Blue Haze Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:49 am
jahrome wrote:I agree with most of the comments..but your Japanese girlfriend won't buy you 10 MPC 2500s :lol:

The economy in Japan is doing very badly and most of the girls are really broke..trust me on this one.

Ships?? You must be a Navy cat. Which ship your representing? What club do you find poppin?

Yokota, Misawa, Kadena in the house!

For all you cats getting an MPC from Japan make sure the reference manual in English. And if your living or stationed in Japan called Akai Yokohama for info. Especially you Yokosuka cats. Akai*s is going to have another free demo in Shibuya`s Bee`s Music I think.

By jahrome Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:54 am
Originally posted by Blue Haze

For all you cats getting an MPC from Japan make sure the reference manual in English.

Catz actually read manuals?? :D

I have never read any MPC manual. I got more satisfaction learning the machines my playing with it. There are only a hand full of menus so navigating the MPCs are pretty simple...I di have to admit that the MPC 4000 took longer that expected to work the basic features.
By dwhite Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:17 am
Yeah good point ..
Your right if you get the MPC or any gear in Japan the manual will be in Japanese. Another reason why checking out this site is a must. I also have a shelf full of sampleking videos and dvd's. You can always download the manual from the manufacture websites in most cases. Like the cats comment alot of the music stores have tutorial or seminars regularly on new gear. Mostly software. Bad thing it's in japanese. Most music stores have atleast two personnel that are fluent in english. That's if you are close to military bases or Electric City in Tokyo. Another good reason to take your JN girl to translate. I represent Yokosuka, was on the Kitty Hawk now on Shore duty. I dj at Bay Area and Club U.S. Don't club much too cause that's my studio time. I club in Yokohama (Circus & Logos) about once a month and Tokyo (Coast 2 Coast) once a month. Yokosuka has a music store at the train station. I just get necessities (cables, adapters, etc.) there too expensive. I have ordered english manuals there. Best thing is the 100yen store downstairs. I make all my major gear purchases at Electric City. You can get a membership at Loax and/or Ishibashi Music for even deeper discounts. I know Shibuya has alot of good stores there but I don't go there much unless I already talked to staff on the phone. (Shibuya has too many JN women that will sidetrack my thinking....know what I mean...so I avoid it) Electric City is all business for me.

Lastly you say JN women don't have money. First I have a job, but you got to up your game. Plus you in Okinawa (Kadena Air Forcre Base) not mainland Japan. They got loot here. But Navy is alittle more on the wild side than Air Force dudes. Fact.

dwhite