Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500

By Krux Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:35 am
What makes the Akai drive different to any other, much cheaper drive?

By shukone Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:36 am
i hope this meant to be a joke...
who the **** will pay 250 bucks for a cdrw drive????

By Jenre Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:50 am
shukone wrote:i hope this meant to be a joke...

the same people who paid for the Akai RAM

By jahrome Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:32 am
They don't even have a picture of it.

I will try to test a third party drive in the MPC this week.

By shukone Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:58 am
Jenre wrote:
shukone wrote:i hope this meant to be a joke...

the same people who paid for the Akai RAM

lol, you're so right :D

By jahrome Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:35 pm
The Akai RAM should be about $100. That's too expensive?

By Hurricane Producer Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:57 pm
Musician's Buy says the CDM25 won't arrive until next year...

"This new product will ship in January 2006. We are taking pre-orders for this very popular product as it will be in short supply initially. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship it to you and you may cancel your order at any time before it is shipped. "

By jahrome Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:00 pm
Yup...that's when they will have them. But they will be available next month. I will test some 3rd party drives myself before I get one of the Akai drives.
By jageya Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:33 pm
its funny again.....music shope in usa will have the 2500 soon maybe nov? maybe oct? and seems like they are charging alot..because its new of course- then theres the fella on the list selling them cause his "friend" sent a bunch from japan where we know they were released already(of course everything is out there 1st when its made ther!!! uh) so its funny to see someone post a usa price at an internet store and the guy selling them from his home post a message about it being cheaper from him...

I say wait till prices drop then buy from a reputable dealer...or from a place with no interest no payment plan....

By jahrome Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:38 pm
Reputation is the magic word...catz should run with that :D

I have seen advertisements for 'make no payments until 2006'....

By sparq Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:15 pm
jahrome wrote:The Akai RAM should be about $100. That's too expensive?

do the math....memory costing us 1000 users as low as $35US compared to $100.... Uhhhh

By sparq Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:17 pm
WDJ wrote:What makes the Akai drive different to any other, much cheaper drive?

the word......AKAI

that's all, nothing else.

By jahrome Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:03 pm
do the math....memory costing us 1000 users as low as $35US compared to $100.... Uhhhh

You may be missing the point.

I have an ASUS motherboard. Asus lists tested memory on their website. Some of the memory is expensive. I have a choice of selecting cheap memory that is not listed/or tested or I can go with the more expensive memory that has been tested. There have been various results both ways.

The same goes for the MPC 2500/1000. Akai has put their stamp on a more expensive RAM..which was tested. This Ram costs $100-$150. Or you can go with the untested RAM which cost $35-$55. Its your choice.

I love coming to these forums..but why all the threads with this is too expensive for that..this is to expensive for this?? Everyone puts there own price tags on the things they want in life. It would be nice to hear more about the gear. We already know that the gear is expensive. But you do have a choice.

But everyone is entitled to speak what ever is on their minds........

One.