Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500

By zs941 Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:52 pm
it appears as though this will work although it seems like there may be a bug in the program change feature on the 2500. i only have experience with the 1k but maybe the 2k implements this similarly to the 2.5k:

* In a Track I set Type to MIDI, turn the Prg. to No: 1 and then set the numerical value to the number of the patch I want (7 in my case).
* If I push the Window button I get a screen asking me to set the following:

Bank Select: YES/NO MSB: 0 LSB: 0
Transmit Program Changes in this track?: Yes/No

* I set Bank Select to YES, MSB to 87, LSB to 0, and Transmit... to YES.
* I save this Sequence and right afterwards if I look at my track again it says "Prg: OFF" but if I scroll down again it retains my program setting of 7.
* Even if it says OFF if I play that track I see the program change (which is good!) but it seems strange that after saving the Sequence the Pgm: is set to OFF. Do any other MPCs do this? Perhaps I'm not understanding this feature; I'm pretty used to just programming in the changes with the step sequencer on the 1k.

Oh, and I did confirm that I can move a sequence from the 2.5k to the 1k and utilize the PROGRAM change "features" of them both.

By jahrome Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:10 pm
i figured out how to do PROGRAM changes with this thing but unfort. i don't think it'll be compatible with the 1k. i wonder why i can't just insert a PROGRAM CHANGE in with the step sequencer and play it out. it seems as though by default a track cannot transmit a program change. i'll play around with it some more but i really hope that i can figure out a way to use a sequence from either the 1k or the 2.5k 'cause i can't to use them both for live performance.

Slow down...you are moving to fast. You have to take the time to learn it before you assume that it can't do a particular function.

Inserting a program change can be accomplished on any sequencer that has been released in the past 10 years and longer. Its very easy to do what you are trying to do. But I won't tell you :D

By cowbell Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:03 am
jahrome wrote: Its very easy to do what you are trying to do. But I won't tell you :D
:?