Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Paypercutts Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:22 am
I hope im not getting a rep of asking questions first before i search.
but has anyone noticed that the swing feature on the 2.5K wont let u adjust the swing before or after, like the 2KXL
I had a good fiddel with it and a read of the manual and it seems you cant adjust the swing before or after the point that you originally hit the pad.
I can do my drums in real time wirthout the time correct feature but the swing before/after on the 2KXL added that extra bit of adjustability....
any help?

By jahrome Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:54 am
You can shift notes before/after. Akai just moved it to a different place. I feel like the shouldn't mess with a good thing and move it back to where it classically was with the swing settings..but for now, we just have to go to the sequence editing menu and adjust it there.

By flip-o-mat Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:13 pm
for real? there's no swing on the 2500? u got to shift every note spereatly?

By sparq Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:03 pm
flip-o-mat wrote:for real? there's no swing on the 2500? u got to shift every note spereatly?
noooooo.... there is swing on the 2.5k. it's in the T.C. (F1) page from the main screen. the question (to my understanding) was talking about afterh you start recording a sequence at let's say 54% swing, and you want to change the feel to it, can you change the swing to 57% or back to 50%. and that's what jahrome was trying to explain.

By Lampdog Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:51 pm
flip-o-mat wrote:for real? there's no swing on the 2500? u got to shift every note spereatly?

:lol: :oops:

By studio hermit Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:34 pm
sparq wrote:
noooooo.... there is swing on the 2.5k. it's in the T.C. (F1) page from the main screen. the question (to my understanding) was talking about afterh you start recording a sequence at let's say 54% swing, and you want to change the feel to it, can you change the swing to 57% or back to 50%. and that's what jahrome was trying to explain.

but you can still adjust the percent just in a different screen, is that what your saying

By sparq Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:52 am
studio hermit wrote:
sparq wrote:

but you can still adjust the percent just in a different screen, is that what your saying
in a sense, yes but not in percentage. go to mode + pad 13 (seq edit) then in the edit field, scroll to shift timing, hit the pad(s) you want to adjust then on the right side, choose earlier or later then below that adjust the amount to what you want.

By Cru Jones Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:23 am
I think what Paypercutts was asking was, if you use swing quantise, can you control whether the even notes are moved earlier or later compared to where they were if they were quantised to straight time. I think with the XL and other older MPCs you could do that. But, with the 2500 I think you can only swing quantise to later.

I think what Jahrome was talking about allows you to move a group of notes earlier or later a certain number of parts. But, I don't think it effects the the swing quantisation setting. You could use this to manually get an early swing by moving the even notes earlier.

I could be wrong, but I haven't found a way to simply quantise to an early swing setting.

By Paypercutts Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:46 am
thanks for all the help people. im at work now so ill go home and have a go.
sounds like a cuntt of a job to swing your notes earlier. i liked the XL cause its almost instant and easy! oh well. 2.5K still kicks ass tho

By jahrome Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:15 am
In the older MPCs, the swing and the note shift (earlier/later) was in the same menu window. These functions could be set together or independantly.

With the 2500 (I believe the MPC 1000 as well) these two functions are still present but now in different menus. They perform the same functions they always have in an MPC.
By djxrated Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:29 pm
Changing the timing of an event (SHIFT TIMING)
You can shift the timing of the note event.
01. Select the Edit field in the EVENT page of the SEQ EDIT mode, and select SHIFT TIMING.
The various fields necessary for the Shit Timing will be displayed.
02. In the time field and the Notes field, select the region that you wish to edit.
03. In the Edit sq field and the Tr field on right, select the sequence and track that you wish to edit.
In the Edit sq field and the Tr field, you can select ALL by turning the DATA wheel. When you select ALL, the MPC2500 will shift the timing of all the sequence and tracks. .
04. In the Amount field, set the amount of Shift timing.
You can set by tick.
05. Select the direction of Shift Timing. EARIER: Shifts forwards
LATER: Shifts back