Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By wolfe Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:19 am
Question

I have chopped all my samples and have gone into the "slider area" where you can, among many things, adjust the tune with the Q-link slider. However, when I do this and go to record my seq it only affects one sample that I have it turned on for. Is there anyway to link your whole program of samples to that one Q-link fader that you tweaked? Meaning that I can go record a seq and all of my chopped samples will have the same effect that the one highlighted in "slider" does? Or do I have to try and find the BPM's and then go back in "trim" and stretch them all.

Any response will be appreciated

thanx

By Rozzer Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:31 am
I presume by "slider area", you mean the mixer.

If so, try shift and the bank buttons (ABCD). Also, make sure you have "Record Mic Changes set to YES in the setup page.

By Spirez Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:36 am
Na i think he means when you press Mode and Pad 1 to set up the function of the sliders.

From having a quick skim through the manual, it looks like you can only assign to one pad at a time. But you can do what you want to do on the 4 q-links, record the data, then change the q-links to the next 4 pads etc.

If i'm wrong then someone let m know.

Just curious, but why would you want to assign to a whole program? Not being funny, just interested

By Jkizzla Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:41 am
yeh at the moment you can only do what spires said, I would also as wolfe, like to be able to control an effect with 1 qlink slider over a whole PGM. This means I could put a filter on my drumbeat and control it using one Q-link. You cannot as far as I know do this yet. mite be a cool thing to add in the next OS if it is possible.

By Rozzer Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:44 am
Jkizzla wrote:yeh at the moment you can only do what spires said, I would also as wolfe, like to be able to control an effect with 1 qlink slider over a whole PGM. This means I could put a filter on my drumbeat and control it using one Q-link. You cannot as far as I know do this yet. mite be a cool thing to add in the next OS if it is possible.

I found a little workaround for this the other day.

Try outputting the program you want to filter to outputs 1&2, then plug the outputs straight into the Record inputs. Enable Input Thru, and then assign a filter to the input, and assign a Q-Link to that filter. Works a treat :)

You can go crazy on the filter, and then re-record your loop and chop it up again :)

By Jkizzla Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:07 am
wow, nice thinkin man, ill try that out

Re:

By rozzilla Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:12 pm
Rozzer wrote:
Jkizzla wrote: and then assign a filter to the input, and assign a Q-Link to that filter. Works a treat :)
:)

how to do that ? (JJOS3 here)
By Menco Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:54 pm
In Slider Mode assign Filter Cutoff to desired Q-link as described in the manual. But instead of selecting a pad to assign the Q-link to just select ‘track’.
By rozzilla Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:11 pm
in JJOS3 you cannot assing a slider to "track" but to "all"
however this doesnt work here, tested on both OS1 and OS3 slider movement cannot affect input LPF
moreover ìn OS you cannot set cutoff on sliders but only resonance.
very disappointed
By ohthepain Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:26 pm
Menco wrote:In Slider Mode assign Filter Cutoff to desired Q-link as described in the manual. But instead of selecting a pad to assign the Q-link to just select ‘track’.

Nice tunes in your sig!