Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By jrkelly99 Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:17 am
I just got my 2500 today, and I tried to take the front cover off to get my hard drive in. The two screw near the head phone jack and the mock cd rom drive gotta be the hardest screws I've tried to get off. Well after hours of f'in with them I've completely stripped both of them. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to possibly get the screws out? It would be appreciated.

By ShaneFontane Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:30 am
damn... bigger head may have helped... might wanna try a bigger head still just incase you can rescue whatever you were doing and then just replace the screws...

By Upright Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:16 am
I most definitely wouldn't put those screws back in my 2500. You may have to go to a specialty shop for replacement screws, try your local computer repair shop.

By taxman806 Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:38 am
You're "skrewed" :shock:

By Anabolic Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:45 pm
lol @ taxman, comp store should have those that size

By udenjoe Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:03 pm
I have seen someone remove stripped bolts before, but it was much larger. I'm pretty sure he drilled a hole through the top and used a threading bit. I would try to file the head so a flat head screw driver could take it out.

By dablunt Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:01 am
taxman806 wrote:You're "skrewed" :shock:

wa wa wahhhhhh!! lol

there are tools that you can get - search google - which can get headless screws out

By dknows2 Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:00 pm
ShaneFontane wrote:damn... bigger head may have helped... might wanna try a bigger head still just incase you can rescue whatever you were doing and then just replace the screws...

I had the same problem and I used a bigger head and that worked.

By jrkelly99 Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:59 pm
Finally got both taken out. Scratched up the MPC alittle, but I now have access into the unit. Thanks for everyones responses no matter how idiodic some were.

thanks