Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By B-Wise Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:38 pm
The 1200 emulation wasn't really that close as the 3k emulation from his other video, because of the sample-rate & bit-depth difference, but I think it could've been if he had used a LPF & bit-crusher to match the signal. Now for the 1200-Ring :Sigh: :smh: not even a little bit close & its was kinda insulting that they put that in there to be release to users in that state. It can be used as a weird fx for synths or whatever. Hopefully he'll used the MPC sound shaping tools to match the signals better in another demo.

By MPC-Tutor Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:58 pm
We've known for over 10 years that the SP1200 ring was just a preset for the Decimator plugin, there's no emulation voodoo or even a chain of existing plugins going on there. Doesn't really matter if you like the sound of it, but don't kid yourselves that this is the result of years of expert modelling and research :)

TBH this is all getting a bit tiresome now (I'm talking about this entire cottage industry of vintage instrument and FX emulations).
By B-Wise Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:50 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:So I posted the link to the article about the 'SP1200 ring' being the Decimator plugin in the comments on that video and he's deleted it. WTF?

:WTF:

I asked him if he could try to match the X using the drum FXs & he told me no & then tried to get me to watch his deep dive video for sampling on the SP1200... :hmmm:

Strange dude :