Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By trucmuche2005 Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:42 pm
Hello,
I saw that the AIR Harmonizer plugin on the MPC one or MPC Live 2 allows to generate live vocal harmonies.
Ok but in each video I saw, we have to configure in which tune we are, which is not ok for me.
I would like to be able to control the vocal harmonies using a MIDI keyboard, just like TC Helicon's VoiceLive touch 2 does.
My question is : is it possible to control vocal harmonies generated by AIR Harmonizer using a MIDI Keyboard ? Or is there other plugins which would do that job ?
Thank you for your help !
T.
By 83dude Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:01 am
Sorry, not possible. Neither version (standalone or software) support sending MIDI to FX plugins.
By trucmuche2005 Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:21 am
Lampdog wrote:You are describing a Vocoder.

Well, thanks. I googled around with that keyword and it seems that vocoder changes pretty much the input voice : the voices outputted by the vocoder are quite artificial, totally not natural. That's what I loved in the TC Helicon's Voice Live Touch 2 : the vocal harmonies sounds very natural. I think that I'm looking for an harmonizer, more than a vocoder. Does it sounds ok to you ? (I'm trying to figure out which word matches with my needs - not always easy)
83dude wrote:Sorry, not possible. Neither version (standalone or software) support sending MIDI to FX plugins.

Does that means that you can't NEVER send midi to effects plugins in MPC ? :hmmm:
Thanks for your replies !