Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By krush777 Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:13 am
theophanephoebus wrote:Pros and cons please? thought about getting one...

Go to the search function and type "Roland MV" (use quotes) and you will get 365 matches in about 3 seconds.
By JUKE 179r Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:39 pm
I got a MV8000 and a MPC2000XL. I like both of 'em and use both of 'em.
Defintely do a search on the pro's and con's.
By kaybee Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:40 pm
I had an MV8800 after I got rid of my 2000XL. The MV blows it out of the water overall, workflow with the MV is definitely better than the entire MPC series. The only thing the MPC has on it is the sequencer is tighter IMO and the pads are more responsive. The MV pads seemed to have a split second delay to me for some reason and it bothered me. BUT, if you're getting an MPC 4000, then I say go w/ the 4000. The 4000 is superior in sound, sequencer, the sampler. The stock sounds that come in the MV are fvcking garbage! That's another con. The MV can really do it all though, even master! I suggest checking both machines first if you can. If you like fruity loops, maybe the MV is the way to go for you.

I wouldn't give up my 4000 for the MV, but I probably would for any other MPC.
By Ill-Green Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:34 pm
kaybee wrote:I had an MV8800 after I got rid of my 2000XL. The MV blows it out of the water overall, workflow with the MV is definitely better than the entire MPC series. The only thing the MPC has on it is the sequencer is tighter IMO and the pads are more responsive. The MV pads seemed to have a split second delay to me for some reason and it bothered me. BUT, if you're getting an MPC 4000, then I say go w/ the 4000. The 4000 is superior in sound, sequencer, the sampler. The stock sounds that come in the MV are fvcking garbage! That's another con. The MV can really do it all though, even master! I suggest checking both machines first if you can. If you like fruity loops, maybe the MV is the way to go for you.

I wouldn't give up my 4000 for the MV, but I probably would for any other MPC.

I agree totally. At times there is that split second latency on the MV's pads, but I think it has to do with the design of the pads which are circular underneath, where the MPCs are square. So on the MV you have to strike the pad in the middle to get precise expression. But all in all its hardly noticable.
By TreCipher617 Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:47 pm
there relly isnt any difference between the 8800 and the 8000, the 8800 has a color screen, but with the newest update the 8000 can basically do anything the 8800 can. MV's dont get the respect theydeserve, you can do soooooooooooooooooo much on those machines. I have a 2k which i bought for $400 and i love it and still use it due to its simplicity. About a month ago i got an mv8000 for $350 and i must say other than the learning curve this machine is the ish.
By konc3pt Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:18 pm
TreCipher617 wrote:there relly isnt any difference between the 8800 and the 8000, the 8800 has a color screen, but with the newest update the 8000 can basically do anything the 8800 can. MV's dont get the respect theydeserve, you can do soooooooooooooooooo much on those machines. I have a 2k which i bought for $400 and i love it and still use it due to its simplicity. About a month ago i got an mv8000 for $350 and i must say other than the learning curve this machine is the ish.

color screen isnt the only difference...

vga expansion is standard on 8800 and so is the cd-r burner, while it's optional on 8000
By xCOMPTON DEVILx Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:44 pm
theophanephoebus wrote:Pros and cons please? thought about getting one...

Unless your into men .. Go for the MV ... if you like fine bitches .. the go for the mpc (( original AKAI version )) not that gay numark shiit ... .. and mike acosta is a fagget .. :) :lol:
By moyphee Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:31 am
TreCipher617 wrote:there relly isnt any difference between the 8800 and the 8000, the 8800 has a color screen, but with the newest update the 8000 can basically do anything the 8800 can.

The latest update is just a bug fix. It doesn't add any of the exclusive stuff from the 8800.

I don't have any latency problems. There are no sensors at the corners. That would probably explain the delay.

Either way you'll sound just as great or fVcked up on either one. Just don't try to treat the MV as a MPC clone.
By mr_debauch Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:56 am
moyphee wrote:
TreCipher617 wrote:there relly isnt any difference between the 8800 and the 8000, the 8800 has a color screen, but with the newest update the 8000 can basically do anything the 8800 can.

The latest update is just a bug fix. It doesn't add any of the exclusive stuff from the 8800.

I don't have any latency problems. There are no sensors at the corners. That would probably explain the delay.

Either way you'll sound just as great or fVcked up on either one. Just don't try to treat the MV as a MPC clone.

yeah but basically they are the exact same machine.. the differences are very small. I did hear rumours that the 8800 has a few physical things internally that were built a little less well (was it the pads or the pcd some knobs are mounted on.. i forget what was said) however I have no idea if that's true or if it will make much difference.

even the 8800 uses a 2.5" hard drive where the 8000 uses a standard 3.5" drive... , the black side panels, the colour screen, and it comes with the vga stock. cool...

however at least you can sort of use the bass synth with the load project workaround on the 8000. not that I do that... but some may find it cool.
By Ill-Green Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:36 pm
8800 is just all the bug fixes and add-on features from the 8000's latest OS update, minus the zip drive. Also Roland added a couple buttons on the panel like pattern and song which are accessed through the menu on the 8000.
By sdotwin Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:56 pm
TreCipher617 wrote:there relly isnt any difference between the 8800 and the 8000, the 8800 has a color screen, but with the newest update the 8000 can basically do anything the 8800 can. MV's dont get the respect theydeserve, you can do soooooooooooooooooo much on those machines. I have a 2k which i bought for $400 and i love it and still use it due to its simplicity. About a month ago i got an mv8000 for $350 and i must say other than the learning curve this machine is the ish.

ditto...

i got a mint condition 2kxl for 400 and love it aswell...then about a month ago i got a mv8000 for 200 bucks. (no vga input or 8 out expansion, but i can live without em)