Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By mr_debauch Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:48 pm
MoreBuck$ wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:I bought mine brand new and the first thing I noticed when I plugged it in was that the fan is very quiet. Maybe Roland made last adjustments before the discontinue, but my fan is almost silent. And because its in a metal casing, the cold of the metal keeps the components cool. I could feel the cold air shoot out from the back of the MV as if there was an air conditioner there and I don't have an A.C. in my studio.

My favorite feature on the MV has to be the ability to bang out drums in one sequence, then seperate the kit to seperate MIDI tracks with a push of a button.

That's cool but can do that on my 4k if i want.

for sure, in fact I think the mv has more in common with the 4k then with any other mpc model.

the attraction to the mv is for sure the price range... features are great for the price. you can grab mvs these days for as low as 350-400.. and sometimes it even has the vga. I am still kicking myself for not jumping on the mv with the output expansion for 600 that I let pass a few months ago.
By TreCipher617 Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:52 pm
picalo32 wrote:Everybody i talk to about the Mv complains about the timing, i never, never, Ever experienced any timing issues, heck i don't even use the timing have the time (no pun intended). Very underrated Machine :?

its retards who are used to mpc's and havent figured out the swing on the mv.
By JUKE 179r Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:02 am
TreCipher617 wrote:
picalo32 wrote:Everybody i talk to about the Mv complains about the timing, i never, never, Ever experienced any timing issues, heck i don't even use the timing have the time (no pun intended). Very underrated Machine :?

it's like when PC users try a Mac for the first time and hate it. it's a different workflow.
you just adapt and get used to it.
By mr_debauch Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:20 am
JUKE 179r wrote:
TreCipher617 wrote:

it's like when PC users try a Mac for the first time and hate it. it's a different workflow.
you just adapt and get used to it.

yeah kind of... macs had one mouse button and pc's had 3.. :lol: so mac's forced you to learn the hotkeys and on pc they were optional.
By Ill-Green Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:12 am
TreCipher617 wrote:

Spoken like a learned master.
By konc3pt Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:46 pm
mv is very underrated...pad feel suck thou....no mpc given me sore finger tips before..mv did.....also would get occassional freeze during hot summers
By 360LoneWoLF Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:41 pm
I had have a MPC 60, 2000XL, and the 1000, and I also have the roland MV 8800, and yes I will agree that the MPC has better factory sounds included in the 1000, the 2000XL Cd, and I installed all my own sounds on my 60, but to me the MV8800 does everything that I wish the MPC would do, not knocking either, but I love working on the MV 8800 the most, I also have the SP404sx that i use also that has dope drum sounds. Any of these machines anyway, the best stuff is going to come from what you all put in to them independently anyway, not from the factory sounds, and roland has good sounds too, roger linn just didn't do MPC, he also messed with roland too, so some of you are chasing your own tail lol, it's all about what comes outta your head not what machine you use or what factory sounds are in them, thats where the hits come from, the brain, not the factory lol, so Both all Akai, and roland machines are the way to go in music especially hip hop! The MPCR is badass too! It's not the vehicle lol it's the being stearing the wheel! p.e.a.c.e