Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By MaZe Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:29 pm
Clint wrote:Regardless of the price drop, the MPC4000 is/will be a classic MPC/hardware sampler in years to come. Hell I might even pick up a couple more just to consolidate. This **** goes around in cycles, buy low - sell high just like any other volatile commodity.

Exactly. I might buy another one too. The prices they are at now are really too good to pass up on.
By Metatron72 Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:39 pm
MaZe wrote:
Clint wrote:Regardless of the price drop, the MPC4000 is/will be a classic MPC/hardware sampler in years to come. Hell I might even pick up a couple more just to consolidate. This **** goes around in cycles, buy low - sell high just like any other volatile commodity.

Exactly. I might buy another one too. The prices they are at now are really too good to pass up on.

Same here I'll gladly cop a cheap blue to go next to the white one I have. Just for future proofing and frankly I'm too lazy to fan mod the buzzsaw sounding one in my current 4k. :lol: (it's in the back of my house and can be heard from my front porch.)

If I had two I'd just use the loud one when I already have the AC on. :mrgreen:
By Clint Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:51 am
Kaia wrote:And what about this filter ? http://www.moogmusic.com/products/moogerfoogers/mf-101-lowpass-filter

See my previous post for a more general discussion on analogue filters including Moog and Akai. That's why I posted the link. Discuss MPC filters here if you have an opinion to keep this thread on topic....
By marrelarre Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:44 am
vukodlak wrote:What about the filters in the MPC 3000? I was told that those were really good as well.

Its only got a low pass filter, thats the only effect there is.
Soundwise its a dope machine, but functionally it, as stated before, needs some more stuff to acompany it.
By Ian Canefire Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:02 pm
The Moog 101 LPF is a useful tool. They have other filters that have more tricks like the midi murf. The new midi murf is better than the older one. So if you notice the old one selling for a bit less money I would advise against it.

If you can find the moogerfooger 101 for less than $250 it is a great deal. From time to time I see them on ebay for that amount and they get purchased quickly. I am a fan of the moogerfooger pedals. Some complain about the mono nature of them.
I had a look at the link in this thread and some of those other filters look great. I have not tried them.
cheers,
Ian
By Coz Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:14 pm
The Moog ladder filter is the gold standard in low pass filters IMO. I prefer the flexibility of a multi-mode filter, which is why I've been using the MFC42 since 2001.

The low pass in the 2KXL is also pretty good.
By jimmie Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:28 pm
marrelarre wrote:Its only got a low pass filter, thats the only effect there is.

Not true.
It also has a multi-delay built in which sounds fantastic. Three delays in a line with which you can alter the delay time, panning and feedback on. Send any of your pad sounds through it using the FX-send mixer. Great-sounding stereo width and other uses can be had.

The filter, whilst only being low-pass, sounds good though, and with creative use of the Attack, Decay, Resonance and Vel>Freq you can get some good use out of it.
Dialing up the resonance and dialing down the cutoff can give some serious weight and hump to your kicks and bass.
By MPCWeapon1 Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:05 pm
vukodlak wrote:I'm using an MPC 2500 SE for 2 years now. This is my first and so far the only one MPC. For most part I'm satisfied with it. When it comes to filters ,the low pass is working pretty fine for me, but I'm not very happy with the high pass. It's almost impossible for me to filter the bass or the kick out.

Some of you guys have worked with different mpc's for sure. What dou you think about the filters on the mpc 2500 and what would you say ,what mpc has the best filters?

I love the MPC software filters so far. They been working great for me. Haven't made enough beats on it to say they're the best yet.
By DJ Supreme Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:40 am
As far as low pass, I have to say the mpc3000. Nothing magical about it, jus a warmth to it that
Makes u smile 8)

As far as hi low and band pass the mpc4000 is king
By sirparksalot Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:52 am
DJ Supreme wrote:As far as low pass, I have to say the mpc3000. Nothing magical about it, jus a warmth to it that
Makes u smile 8)

As far as hi low and band pass the mpc4000 is king

word. gotta agree with this.
By damien907 Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:00 am
for what its worth i have never had a problem cutting out bass or lows of kicks with the high pass filter of jjos2xl or jjos xl.
By pull-over Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:35 pm
if you record into a daw anyway then use the eq from the daw.the drop is a stunning filter bar.
the effects and the filters are not really one of the strenght of the mpc line. I would suggest using a external unit or your daw. a sp404 has some awesome dj like effects an a filter which has a own sound. really an hands on unit and a perfect pair for an mpc.

or you take the luxury road and buy an eventide rack unit like a h3000