Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By groovemonger Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:32 pm
This what I think would be cool.

Son-of-2500

USB 3, functions as MIDI interface.

Everything loads faster

Bigger, workstation-like screen.

JJOS features.

Perhaps some tight DAW integration but not too bothered about that.

Not crazy money.

If Akai don't make it, is there room for a third party clone? Remember how people made Atari and Amiga clones when those platforms were axed.
By Gith Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:35 am
I have an 5000 (and octatrack - chosen precisely because of the choices of the ren design).

All new fully hardware MPC?? im in.. if...

Stability... this is a sticking point.. hardware should be designed for purpose.. thats one of the reasons it works over a pc.. If akai cant deliver a stable system.. there is no point at all..

You should be able to select your processing tools (EQ/Dynamics/FX) etc.. roland have started the "plug-out" system... you could do the same with your MPC.. custom design it with your choice of FX.. im sure akai would like you to spend even more money fitting your mpc out to your own design.. and i wouldnt mind either.

I admit i dont like windows being involved.. at all.. viruses, lots of unneccessary code..
Keep it a contained system.. streamlined OS..

Can akai deliver such a system?? 20 years of one sampler or another means i know i'll never be without an MPC/S series in my studio.. new or old?? time will tell..

At the moment.. because of the ren... there is room for Roger Linn to make the LinnDrumII.. this may never happen... (small company/Tempest already out there) but i do hope one or the other step up..
By SimonInAustralia Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:57 am
Gith wrote:All new fully hardware MPC?? im in.. if...

Stability... this is a sticking point.. hardware should be designed for purpose.. thats one of the reasons it works over a pc.. If akai cant deliver a stable system.. there is no point at all..

I admit i dont like windows being involved.. at all.. viruses, lots of unneccessary code..
Keep it a contained system.. streamlined OS..

It looks like the new standalone MPC will be a built in PC, inside the MPC, running embedded Windows, and most probably a modified version of the current MPC Software.

Gith wrote:At the moment.. because of the ren... there is room for Roger Linn to make the LinnDrumII.. this may never happen... (small company/Tempest already out there) but i do hope one or the other step up..

LinnDrum II is not going to be a new MPC.
By LZ Roberts Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:07 pm
SimonInAustralia wrote:It looks like the new standalone MPC will be a built in PC

BOOOOOO! :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: PC :vomit: :WTF: :( :( :(

What could be a compromise is if the MPC6000 has its dedicated DSP processing functions for sequencing and sound al la 2500. Then had a small Raspberry type co-processing board thing for all that VST nonsense. So we won't be all tied up with all that Micro$oft latency,update, driver issue and manufactured obsolescence rubbish that they are $o very keen on.

I hope they keep the LCD. I like LCD, its easy on the eyes & easy to see in bright light. I still have an LCD screened phone & mock mercilessly Smartphone users inability to read their screen when its a really sunny day. :)