Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By ZeHa Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:03 pm
Hello,

I'd like to ask if either the MPC 2500 or the MPC 1000 can do the following (maybe with JJOS?):

When I am playing a sequence on my 2000XL, and I record/overdub some additional stuff, then it's impossible to switch to the next sequence. I have to press Stop first. But for live jamming, I would prefer to be able to switch to the next sequence while it's still playing. Is that possible somehow?
By SimonInAustralia Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:43 am
Lampdog wrote:http://www.platinumaudiolab.com/free_stuff/manuals/Akai/akai_mpc2000xl_manual.pdf#page=45

Start with Pg 34

That doesn't answer his question.

Do any MPCs allow changing sequences, after being in record/overdub, without stopping the sequencer?
By Ill-Green Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:23 am
SimonInAustralia wrote:
Lampdog wrote:http://www.platinumaudiolab.com/free_stuff/manuals/Akai/akai_mpc2000xl_manual.pdf#page=45

Start with Pg 34

That doesn't answer his question.

Do any MPCs allow changing sequences, after being in record/overdub, without stopping the sequencer?

:hmmm: Huh? What are you talking about?

The guy is CLEARLY asking about the2KXL. He doesn't have another MPC. :roll:
By SimonInAustralia Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:57 am
Ill-Green wrote:
SimonInAustralia wrote:That doesn't answer his question.

:hmmm: Huh? What are you talking about?

The guy is CLEARLY asking about the2KXL. He doesn't have another MPC. :roll:

Yeah, CLEARLY...
ZeHa wrote:I'd like to ask if either the MPC 2500 or the MPC 1000 can do the following (maybe with JJOS?):

:hmmm: :Sigh: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By SimonInAustralia Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:51 am
Ill-Green wrote:I still don't understand what you talking about. All you do gab at other people's post like you some almighty overseer but never answer the question at hand. Being a dick doesn't make up for not having one.

What are you **** talking about, you dumb lady's private parts?

Read the question in the first post, he wants to know if other MPCs, such as the 2500 and 1000, have the same issue as his MPC2000XL.

Go learn some **** English language comprehension.

**** knows what your beef is, and why you want to turn this shit into an argument, eat some dick and **** off.
Last edited by SimonInAustralia on Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Ill-Green Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:54 am
SimonInAustralia wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:I still don't understand what you talking about. All you do gab at other people's post like you some almighty overseer but never answer the question at hand. Being a dick doesn't make up for not having one.

What are you **** talking about, you dumb lady's private parts?

Read the question in the first post, he wants to know if other MPCs, such as the 2500 and 1000, have the same issue as his MPC2000XL.

Go learn some **** English language comprehension.

**** knows what you beef is, and why you want to turn this shit into an argument, eat some dick and **** off.

So you still not gonna answer the question? Just gonna type shit because its all you got?

Cool. Learn to mind your business.
By SimonInAustralia Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:57 am
Ill-Green wrote:So you still not gonna answer the question? Just gonna type shit because its all you got?

You ****, he asked about MPCs, other than the 2000XL, Lamp pointed him to the 2000XL manual, I reiterated the original question about other MPCs.

Where is your answer to his question, are you minding your own business, dickhead?
By Ill-Green Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:05 am
SimonInAustralia wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:So you still not gonna answer the question? Just gonna type shit because its all you got?

You ****, he asked about MPCs, other than the 2000XL, Lamp pointed him to the 2000XL manual, I reiterated the original question about other MPCs.

Where is your answer to his question, are you minding your own business, dickhead?

Who asked? You one gibberish typing mofo, its funny.

I must got you monitoring this thread like a hawk you so insecure! Hahaha!
By SimonInAustralia Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:09 am
Ill-Green wrote:Who asked? You one gibberish typing mofo, its funny.

You are obviously a little simple in the head, I don't want to take you away from playing with your monster dolls, I'll leave you to it.

Ill-Green wrote:I must got you monitoring this thread like a hawk you so insecure! Hahaha!

Yeah, obviously!

...or I get email notifications from the forum when there is a reply to this thread, and reply to those, maybe.
By SimonInAustralia Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:54 am
Back on topic.

ZeHa wrote:I'd like to ask if either the MPC 2500 or the MPC 1000 can do the following (maybe with JJOS?):

Hopefully someone can help, I would like to know as well.

You can freely go in and out of record, and change sequences, without stopping, with MPC Software (MPC Studio/MPC Renaissance). I would also like to know if any of the hardware MPCs allowed this, including the MPC2500 and MPC1000 that the OP asked about.
By ZeHa Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:22 am
I don't know if my question was so hard to understand, but yes, SimonInAustralia is right. All I want to know is if I can do the following, which I CANNOT do on my 2000XL, on an 2500 or 1000, because I'm toying with the idea of upgrading to one of those machines in the near future:

1. Play a sequence
2. Record some overdub on it
3. Switch to a different sequence while it's still playing

The reason why I'm asking is because I'd like to do live performances with my MPC, not just with pre-recorded sequences, but sometimes also with spontaneous additions, in which case I would have to be able to overdub and then still be able to switch to the next pattern, WITHOUT pressing the Stop button.

I hope my question is clearer now, and if anyone who's got a 2500 or 1000 reads this, I would be glad if he could simply try that out and tell me what happens.
By Lampdog Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:47 pm
ZeHa wrote:All I want to know is if I can do the following, which I CANNOT do on my 2000XL,

1. Play a sequence
2. Record some overdub on it
3. Switch to a different sequence while it's still playing

The reason why I'm asking is because I'd like to do live performances with my MPC, not just with pre-recorded sequences, but sometimes also with spontaneous additions, in which case I would have to be able to overdub and then still be able to switch to the next pattern, WITHOUT pressing the Stop button.

The page(s) in the manual explains stuff.
Next sequence, Sudden

While playing a seq in odub have you tried just pressing the regular play button to see what it does? What did the 2kxl do?