Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By ZeHa Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:17 pm
I know how to switch sequences. After overdub, I cannot even access the "Next Seq" screen.

I have also tried leaving overdub mode, pressing almost every button except "Stop", but it's just impossible on the 2XL. I guess it's because of the overdub data being "UNDO-able", that keeps you from switching sequences and losing that (possibly). I am a programmer so I can understand this type of behavior. Still, it could be possible that they changed this in the 1000 or 2500 as a feature.
By SimonInAustralia Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:57 pm
Lampdog wrote:The page(s) in the manual explains stuff.
Next sequence, Sudden

It explains how to use Next Sequence, it doesn't explain that going into Sequence Record/Overdub disables the Next Sequence function until the sequence is stopped/restarted, and how to overcome it.

Lampdog wrote:While playing a seq in odub have you tried just pressing the regular play button to see what it does? What did the 2kxl do?

Yes, he has tried it, you press the Play button and it goes out of Overdub mode and back to Play mode, but then Next Sequence does not work until you press Stop and Play again.

This is the issue with the MPC2000XL, the OP wants to know if the 2500 and 1000 behave the same way, or not.

I have never understood why the MPC2000XL has this limitation, like on earlier MPCs, I would like to know if any other hardware MPCs overcome this limitation.
By SimonInAustralia Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:00 pm
Coz wrote:
SimonInAustralia wrote:I would like to know if any other hardware MPCs overcome this limitation.

The 4K can't do it.

Thanks Coz, was specifically wondering about the 4000 and 5000.

I wonder what the reasoning behind this limitation is, and why it carried through so many generations of hardware MPCs?
By Coz Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:51 pm
SimonInAustralia wrote:I wonder what the reasoning behind this limitation is, and why it carried through so many generations of hardware MPCs?

It's probably to do with the Undo being locked on a per sequence basis like the other fella suggested.

It's one of those shortcomings that's never bothered me really. I suppose you can't miss what you've never had. :)
By THE ADVERSARY Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:08 pm
I'll say it again.
If he wants to stay hardware then his best option will be to sync to MPs together.
Use one for the structured elements the other for his real-time live vibe stuff.

Then if you come up with something that you like you can easily transfer it to the MP that has the structured stuff on it.

Not expensive to accomplish and if space was a real issue then you could use two 1k's but even if you just added a second 2kxl that wouldn't be that much space.

Many of of lock multiple machines (SP, MV, MPC) together and use them as one big device with no issues.

Since the hardware MPs won't do it then it's a good way to accomplish what you want.

Your only other resolve would be to ask JJ to add it then wait around to see if it ever happens.
I know normally when you contact him about a feature request he lets you know if it's doable or if he would want to add it.
By Bugfix Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:53 am
ZeHa wrote:I'd like to ask if either the MPC 2500 or the MPC 1000 can do the following (maybe with JJOS?):

Nope, it lets you to change a track after recording and most of other things, but no switching seq..
You can quick press STOP at end of a loop, than just hit PLAY where the 1st beat supposed to be.
By updaters Sat May 07, 2016 7:58 pm
yes the Ren allows recording and automation on switching sequences
you must take the write button button for automation.
and overdub for playing notes.
but i think its only successively and not simultaneously. :roll:

unfortunately .this is not going in next sequence mode. there is only record the song sequence