Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By sinik Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:05 pm
Hello

I'm close to by a second-hand MPC 4000, but i also have a few question about it.

1. I know this was probably discussed many times; Is the blue version just as stable and solid as the white one? Or will i have some unexpected problems with it?

2. There has been an SSD (Type FAT32) installed with an SATA/IDE-Adaptor (See picture below). Are they work well with the MPC or do they have to be replaced someday?

3. I am running a Mac Book pro with yosemite. I read that there is a software called "akSys", which allows a direct connection with a pc. Is the software still working with a newer Mac OS? Do i need the software, or can i just plug a USB-Stick in the MPC, save the data, then plug the USB-Stick into the pc?

4. Are there any further things i need to keep in mind (coming from the 2000XL/2500), before i make my decision to buy the MPC 4000?

Thanks for sum buying advice
sinik

By Mike Boogie Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:23 pm
You will be fine. Blue/White, doesn't matter! If there is an SSD installed and working, you came up. The 4000 is different from all other MPCs. You understand what it does and how to do it.

Get it, RTMFM, make some beats!
By sinik Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:46 pm
800 USD.

Looks like fresh out the box. But i also seen a few poor looking ones going for the same price...
By mpampouras Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:46 pm
You have to pay attention when you transfer big files via usb sticks from the 4k into your computer.
6 out of 10 times, if I record / sample a whole song on the mpc, and then transfer it via usb (by using the front usb port) there are digital artifacts in the .wav file.

I have never figured out why but when I am transfering small files (samples, program files etc.) it works fine.
I guess it has something to do with the packets of data that are transfered via usb 1.1
(does the back usb port works with usb external drives?)

Just my two cents.
By +Pilchard+ Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:26 am
dryad-66 wrote: they were running out of the 'good' parts ......

Yeah, they run out of the white paint... :lol: :lol: :lol: