Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By marrelarre Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:54 am
mobs1ne wrote:Sup guys new here just bought a used mpc500 maxxed out for 315 pre loaded with 3.97 gb hip hop samples memory maxxed out to 128mb I hope I did the right thing cause im not sure its beginner friendly? I currently use reasons essentials and own a m-auidio axiom air 25 wich is great but hate the whole editing and chopping etc etc just want to sample and bang it out looks easy on youtube but thoughts and tips would be greatly appreciated im sure once I fiddle with it id learn a bit ive already learned a lot from trail by air on my midi.. thanks and sorry for the newbie questions...

To be honest and frank with you I wouldnt recommend the 500 to anyone, it just seems too limited and small for my taste, but theres a few users here taht stick with it so maybe head over to the 500 forum?

For future people maybe googling this I would vote for a 2500 or 1000.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:05 am
mobs1ne wrote:Sup guys new here just bought a used mpc500 maxxed out for 315 pre loaded with 3.97 gb hip hop samples memory maxxed out to 128mb I hope I did the right thing cause im not sure its beginner friendly? I currently use reasons essentials and own a m-auidio axiom air 25 wich is great but hate the whole editing and chopping etc etc just want to sample and bang it out looks easy on youtube but thoughts and tips would be greatly appreciated im sure once I fiddle with it id learn a bit ive already learned a lot from trail by air on my midi.. thanks and sorry for the newbie questions...

Check out my MPC500 tutorial book, it's everything you need to quickly master the MPC500

http://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/ ... he-mpc500/
By mobs1ne Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:39 am
Thanks guys Iv'e been messing around with it its just the whole navigating around chopping etc etc I have the manual it seems that this wasn't for the beginner level lol but im stickin with it until then.. I have my axiom air 25 that works great just don't sample...
By Ill-Green Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:33 am
Made this video on chopping on the 500. Making a better video at the mo, but you'll still learn a lot here.

MPC500 is a beast and only limited to your skills. Its practically an MPC3000 with upgrades minus 4 pads so don't get it twisted, its an MPC :shock: