Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By TreHolla Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:47 pm
Hi,

can anyone please tell me why what I'm hearing in my headphones on the 4000 is completely different than what gets rendered when I record my main output. does that question make sense?

I had an mpc 2500 I did everything in it, and then I'd record from the main output. what I heard in the headphones, was exactly what it played back.

I recently got an mpc 4000 and when I do everything in it, and record from the main output, the sound quality is completely different than what I hear in the headphones.

it's like going from 24 bit or 16 bit to 12 bit quality. anyone have any idea what the problem might be?
By TreHolla Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:38 pm
i'm not using a daw. i never had to use a daw. the a/d converters weren't an issue on the mpc 2500 because again i just recorded the main output.

the quality of sound remained the same when i did it with the 2500 so why would it be any different on the mpc 4000?

i'm just recording everything i did in the box, so there shouldn't be any issues at all. when i had my 2500 i'd do the same process and what i heard on my headphones is what i heard as the final recording.

right now, what i hear in my headphones and what gets recorded when i do the same process is like going from 24 bit to 12. it's missing all of it's clarity.
By TreHolla Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:20 am
yeah i'm listening to it through my headphones. and what i make in the headphones is what's supposed to be rendered as a wave. however what i hear in my headphones, and the actual final sound is completely different. it sounds terrible.
By Coz Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:41 am
It sounds like you've got some kind of mechanical failure going on with your 4K unfortunately. It may even be the effects card as I've read about similar things happening before.

Irrespective of that, the 4K delivers an entirely different league of sound quality to the 2500 on multiple levels. Both can be clean and punchy, but the 4K remains defined when layering and can go way further when pitched up or down.
By TreHolla Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:08 pm
i want access to another mpc 4000 to see if they all have issues like that or it's just mine. because if they all render wackly then i'll just switch to the mpc 5000. what the ****.
By TreHolla Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:13 am
i record everything in the mpc. i don't know how else to explain it. i sample, sequence and literally do everything inside my mpc. i try to avoid having to use daws or tracking it out.

maybe recording it through the headphones will work though. great idea.
By richie Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:20 am
Post a sample of the recording from the headphone out vs the other outs so that we can have an idea of what is going on.
By Bugfix Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:34 pm
I render same way on 1000, except some failure I would only think it might be:

you were monitoring in low volume while being quite loud on master level.. I don't know does 4k shows you level of main out (does it clip or no), but even light clipping while rendering gives squashy, harsh, over-compressed /lo-bit like sound.
By wavemartian Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:59 am
TreHolla wrote:i want access to another mpc 4000 to see if they all have issues like that or it's just mine. because if they all render wackly then i'll just switch to the mpc 5000. what the ****.

The 5000 is utterly useless at layering drums, no problems about the sound quality, but once you start to layer you will get phasing, does not happen with the 4000, phasing is also endemic of the 1000 as well
By TreHolla Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:11 pm
they need to make that super mpc.

5k sized. 4k functions. Ableton Live special functionality-(apc/live controller connectivity), reverse file (mpc-universal) compatiblity, usb-computer connecting/mpc software (whatever) as long as it remains standalone

with at least 512 but hopefully 1024 mb of memory. let's go akai.

but there needs to be an emphasis on the 4k functions though. the parts programs, multis and mod-matrix.

make it the same price as the maschine. or a little more expensive, so that it's taken more seriously as an instrument and a full studio that doesn't need a computer.

oh yeah and standard 8-outs, or even better with auto-load your patterns/song (project) modes with all the correct/exact same tracks and wave settings to the daw.

i'm pretty sure I should be music product testing and reviewing.
By dryad-66 Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:01 pm
Could be the ram is corrupted.Had this problem myself before.The audio is recorded to ram.Pop her open and remove installed ram and record again.If its fine then one at a time firmly wiggle and instal ram back and see if it works now.

edit-dunno if this is what your having a problem with but......could be of use to someone otherwise. :popcorn: