Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By Jmac Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:57 am
hey as yall probably know im not sure what to get out of the 4000, 5000, or 2500. I would like to get one of these mpc but not sure and i want your opinions to help me out. I would also like something that i can get creative on. I want an mpc where i can pretty much make everything on there and when the beat is finished i want to multitrack it to a daw and mix to get it sounding better. **I dont want to really use a computer but only for mixing and adding a few small things**. so what are your experiences with these and whats the most reliable one to make sampled beats and get creative, thanks yeee
By Jmac Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:03 am
i know the 4k wouldnt let me multitrack but does it have a feature where i can do some good compression and eq'ing on the drums and other effects for samples aswell?
By mr_debauch Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:45 pm
the 4k will allow for multi tracking if you have the outputs...

the 5000 has a built in synth but the hardware is hit or miss... some people are fine but many people had units that had faulty hardware.. and the OS was not finished... the 2500 has jjos potentially so it has some great features. the 4k can do 24bit and has a usb port that you can put in a usb stick.
By Ian Canefire Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:09 pm
Buy a 4000 if you can find it for under $600 in good condition.
Buy a dedicated digital mulitrack recorder like the ROLAND VS2480 or Korg D32XD.
Get the Warm Audio wa76 OR tb12

you will not regret it.

Cheers,
Ian
By richie Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:27 am
While the 4000 is dope and has a nice form factor, and sharper midi to sample timing than even the MPC3000 - I would still pick the 2500 for the following reasons:
- JJ OS
- Much more parts are readily available and serviceable.
By dustymaestro Wed May 04, 2016 6:48 am
4000, 3000 or 60. It will last a lifetime, after your done with the basics there will still be other features. When buying any mpc in this day and time, your going to eventually either track or run it in tandem with a DAW. Loose midi timing will not allow you to do that.
By sequethin Fri May 06, 2016 11:49 pm
Lampdog wrote:No, that's not what D said.

2500 is fine. Better with jjos.

Oh good I thought by not including the 2500 in the list and then the part about loose timing that it was implying the 2500 had loose timing - got me scared because I'm pretty close go grabbing a 2500 myself! Thanks
By konc3pt Sat May 14, 2016 6:49 pm
for me it would be between 4000 and 2500...if 4000 had non destructive chopping and allowed to chop while the sequence is playing like the 2500 with JJOS then would be 4000 only. I cared less about the remaining bells and whistles JJOS brought to the table, felt the two I mentioned were essential to what I wanted out of MPC.

but if you want to avoid computer, roland MV series allows you to do it all in the box, from beating making to mixing, mastering to burning finished product onto cd