Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By TreHolla Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:11 pm
Can someone please give me the most comprehensive comparison between these two MPC's?

When is AKAI going to make the MPC "Complete," which would basically be the mpc renaissance, but with all of the features of the 4000, 5000, and be completely compatible with ableton as the live mpc/dj solution? Also we can't forget to make it standalone aside from being compatible with computers. All file formats from all previous mpc's...

This would be akai's answer to the maschine. I know someone's probably already posted this numerous times over. But the newest mpc just needs to have 512 to 1024 mb of memory with all of the features I mentioned above and it would be the sum total "complete" "best of" mpc.

You'd get the old school mp die-hard hardware heads, you'd get the young "ableton" live users who are looking to make the switch to something more extensive or deeper than typical midi controllers. and you might be able to pull people who swear out by the "maschine" right now.

Make it around 500-1000 dollars.

500 if you want to really take over the market, or 750 if you want it to be a more serious or affordable "investment." 1000 if you want to restore akai's "prestige" because spending a thousand for an mpc like that is completely justifiable. and 600 if you want to send a message to maschine that you mean business,and that you're reclaiming the drum machine throne.

please send me one. or allow me to be on the development team. or something like that. i'd love to be on the payroll. an akai sponsorship or something to that effect would be a small price to pay for the answer to your maschine problems.

and hey maschine if you are reading this, there's no need to get upset. because if they wouldn't want to include me, i hope you take some of these ideas, or maybe do something crazy like hiring me and further widen the gap.
By mr_debauch Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:38 pm
the 4000 and 5000 were more like 3000 dollars, and akai doesn't have a hardware dev team... have you seen the timbrewolf?
By Horseclick Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:32 pm
one is authentic akai japan the other well is after akai japan was no more.
By richie Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:29 am
I'd buy an MPC 5000 only if the sh*t cost like 400 dollars. There are too many people that complain about hardware failures on that joint.
By TreHolla Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:43 pm
yeah that rhythm fox is alright. i'd rather get an mpc everytime

how hard would it be to reverse engineer one of the old mpc's?
just make the new renaissance a standalone mpc and then add all of the functions of the akai mpc 4000.
increase it's memory and make it file compatible with all previous mpcs.

I wouldn't pay more than 750 for an MPC 5000. I got an mpc 2500 for 400 and it was one of the best decisions I"ve ever made in my life.
I recently got an mpc 4000 and beside my sound rendering being purposely faulty, it was again about 570 of the best money I've ever spent on hardware.

Right now I don't really see why I would grab an mpc renaissance. If I'm trying to avoid computers then it is completely useless to me.
However if they produced it with the ability to switch to standalone, then I'd gladly pay 500 to 750. Now if it added all of the same functions
of the mpc 4000 and increased it's memory to a standard 512 or 1024, I'd pay 750 to 1000.

MP/AP/-c. You get the people who swear by the MPC, and you get the people who have been using ableton. They apparently still know how to make a drum machine with the Rhythm Wolf, but how hard would it be to get the schematics for the 4000 and 5000 and then simply add more memory? And make it so that all old mpc's retain their value by making it "universal" mpc compatible. That function alone is worth 200 bucks, if it has a base price of 500, then add another 50 to 300 for the ability to increase it's max memory. they're selling the renaissance for 700 right now. and there is zero incentive for someone who isn't "loyal" to akai to want one. If they're gonna do that, charge half the price, because right now Maschine is running it, and their products are more colorful. Maschine is winning the "shiny" battle.

Right now an MPC Renaissance is the equivalent to a Pro-Tools D-Command. A big ass over-priced mouse. They just made a Maschine copycat. When what would be better, would be to include the functionality and computer integration that Maschine does, but then remain true to the whole MPC line. So pretty much make an MPC with more memory, all the functions of the 4K's operating system, and reverse file compatibility. But to increase it's ability to challenge Maschine, make it computer integrated, and emphasize the ableton live functionality that it's been doing through it's focus on all the APC products. It's very simple in theory.