Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By KravenZ Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:59 am
Hi everyone. Currently I am a Maschine user but since the announcement of MPC software 2.0 I am very hyped (Audio Tracks!). Thus I am thinking to jump over from Maschine to MPC. Since my next Groove Box should be the corresponding Flagship I wonder if I should buy an MPC Ren or wait for a possible successor. What do you think? Especially there are two points that make my decision harder:

1. How good will be the implementation audio tracks solved on MPC Ren. Will it be fully controllable via controller?

2. Is there already a successor on its way? Here in Germany almost none (Online)-Shop is selling MPC Ren anymore. Thus it smells like a successor is on its way. Any informations about it?

Thus for me there would be only a option to buy a second hand MPC Ren (for approx. 500€). But I am willing to spent more if a new product will be released.

Help me! :lol:
By MPC-Tutor Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:51 am
There's no answer to those questions - MPC Software 2.0 is apparently in early alpha, audio tracks weren't even working in the demo, so we just don't know how good the implementation will be.

As for the Ren successor, again, Akai have not said anything. The assumption ATM is that the MPC Touch is the successor.

The problem with waiting for the next big thing is that there is always an even bigger thing coming a little later, you'll always be chasing that elusive perfect machine. If I were looking to buy today, it would be the MPC Touch. You can always sell it at a later date if a better MPC comes out in the future. Check out my MPC Touch review:

http://www.mpc-tutor.com/akai-mpc-touch-review/
By KravenZ Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:05 am
Thanks for your opinion. So you prefere the Touch over Ren? Why? I will watch your review later.
By Ill-Green Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:36 pm
I say wait it out until Fall 2016. Touch is like what Nintendo did with the DS, it gave possible customers a glimpse into the future and now we got Wii with touchscreen controller and console. Same here.

Also, Dan Gill did mention that the Touch is not the flagship. The OG Ren has been discontinued too so with 2.0 on the rise, to me, that sounds like a Ren 2 will appear.

Take it with a grain of salt, but Im a prophet and know shit. Unlike that dogface lady's private parts Da Knoq. :lol: :lol: jk
By konc3pt Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:57 pm
Ill-Green wrote:
Also, Dan Gill did mention that the Touch is not the flagship. The OG Ren has been discontinued tome, that sounds like a Ren 2 will appear.
By Dcook18 Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:27 pm
I feel like the new renaissance will have the same color scheme as the studio black and probably come with updated knobs and pads.