Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By mr_debauch Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:19 am
if you use things like EQ, or recording quality samples with good fidelity (if the track requires that), or you mix your beats nicely... or you choose the right samples and elements to fit in so your beat is complete.... that makes way more of a difference then buying an SP-1200 so snares cut through the mix on some songs easier right out the box.

People talk about the sound an mpc model provides without perhaps thinking about what can be (and should be) done post production... however in this case, a 4000 sounding distinctly worse than a 2500 sounds like the 4000 either has an issue or something is not correct in the chain? The 4000 would not sound bad out of the box, it's been a staple studio brain all over the world in top level studios for years.
By Dope806 Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:26 am
mr_debauch wrote:if you use things like EQ, or recording quality samples with good fidelity (if the track requires that), or you mix your beats nicely... or you choose the right samples and elements to fit in so your beat is complete.... that makes way more of a difference then buying an SP-1200 so snares cut through the mix on some songs easier right out the box.

People talk about the sound an mpc model provides without perhaps thinking about what can be (and should be) done post production... however in this case, a 4000 sounding distinctly worse than a 2500 sounds like the 4000 either has an issue or something is not correct in the chain? The 4000 would not sound bad out of the box, it's been a staple studio brain all over the world in top level studios for years.

100 truth
By richie Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:15 am
@mr_debauch you're being sarcastic again.
By Lampdog Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:49 am
TreHolla wrote:@Lamp dog you being serious or is it more sarcasm? I mentioned in a couple posts prior in this same thread that I am bad at sarcasm over the internet.

It was half and half, but, nothing malicious towards you or anyone at all.
All the machines will sound different, none of them bad, not at all, what you put into it is waaaay
more important imo. And sounding better is subjective anyway. Different people will like diff sounding gear.
By TreHolla Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:51 pm
I feel like I'm in class right now. I know all of you are clearly knowledgeable about the mpc. And gear in general determining the outcome of the final product. But thats not I'm talking about. I want to know the exact sound quality of a resample straight out the box. no other outboard gear waveform/song of those three mpc models I mentioned.

I don't want to hear specs I want to hear the actual sound/song as in what each model produces.

Ie

2500-waveform
4000-waveform
5000-waveform

But the same waveform so I can compare and contrast the sonic character of each out the box.

as in a link to a soundcloud with actual audio.