Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:12 pm
It's strange that people claim they can hear a difference, but when I hear their mixes. I sit back and wonder what are they actually hearing. It's like they can hear, the difference between a MPC 60 and 3000 but they can't hear, their kick drum clashing with their bassline. :lol:
By dryad-66 Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:10 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:It's strange that people claim they can hear a difference, but when I hear their mixes. I sit back and wonder what are they actually hearing. It's like they can hear, the difference between a MPC 60 and 3000 but they can't hear, their kick drum clashing with their bassline. :lol:

True enough.But all i can say about the 60 is the one and only time i witnessed it the guy selling it demoed a bass drum only....on one pad and the building rumbled !!!!!!! :?
By mr_debauch Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:03 am
the 60 does have a difference that you start to sort of notice when making an entire song where you see every edge of the frequency range... it is a very bright machine. It is the sample time limitation that causes you to truncate smaller and fill space in with looping.. various techniques to get around that and when all of that is put together.... there is the real difference. The differences in sound between different models never really makes a difference most of the time because you start a beat on one and you hear that beat on that model... you don't sit there feeling guilty because you didn't make it on a different MPC model.
By JUKE 179r Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:29 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:I tell you right now, I couldn't tell the difference. 3000, 2000xl, mpc 60, 4000, z8, z4, s950, mpc x. :lol:

and Beat Thang. :lol:
By Lampdog Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:27 am
The 2kxlse2 I had, slightly more mids compared to my X and my 4k.

My 4k is more clear highs than 2kxl, not quite as clear than X.

My X and Keys61 sound exactly the same, both have a higher fidelity than 4k.

S2400, a punch that just HIT a lil harder than all my MPC’s. Not better, but, diff, a “good” different. I usually have drums in the s2400 set to channels 1 and 2, “They use the SSI2144 filter chip, the modern version of the SSM2044 chip used in the Classic (SP-1200).” So that def has something to do with it.